SEARCH
MORE
Archery

Lakewood, Townsend, Mountain areas

10/6/11 @ 12:29 PM
INITIAL POST
Mt Dew
User since 6/23/01
How has the deer activity been in the Townsend, Lakewood, & Mountain areas?

Displaying 61 to 75 of 475 posts
10/23/21 @ 7:52 PM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11

Sat tonight 4 came out right before dark. One was a spike.  One snuck into the clover just beyond a pine tree and busted me at dark when I was leaving. The other 3 were heads down in the brassicas. 

10/23/21 @ 5:02 AM
44/45

Most of the leaves are down and deer are back on their normal feeding patterns in food plots. Saw a spike at 7:30 and 4 does in the evening. Was fun  watching a big doe try to bust me in my tent from 30' away. She never did but had that nose really high and looked my way forever. It seems like a mature doe will come right at you if it doesn't seem right to her. Thanks to the person who turned me on to earth scent. I have yet to be busted using it!

10/16/21 @ 7:32 AM
Justfellow
User since 1/28/21

Are the leaves off the trees up there, opening the views a bit more than one month ago? I was last up three weeks ago and skeets won the contest. Have a great weekend if you are going out.  Good luck, y’all.

10/7/21 @ 12:45 PM
Mt Dew
User since 6/23/01

Don't forget everyone, this weekend is the youth hunt.  You have to wear blaze orange like rifle season.

10/6/21 @ 12:10 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Well I didn't make it up last weekend, but will be heading up Friday evening and hanging in Townsend with the family.  Hoping to sneak in a morning hunt or two.

10/4/21 @ 7:40 PM
44/45

FullDraw05, I was in the woods yesterday and although I only have red oak, I really didn't notice many acorn's. Usually the deer disappear after the leaves drop. It sure seems early. Yet the Asian beetles are early this year IMO.

10/4/21 @ 8:24 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

44/45, acorn crop has been plentiful this year from what I've been told. the "lull" often coincides with the time when acorns are dropping - you need to locate the oaks to see some activity. I have a 5 acre plot with usually 20-30 does at a minimum per night and the last week our cameras have been essentially non-existent.. that tells me their feed bags have transitioned to the acorns. 

10/3/21 @ 9:58 AM
GreenSand
User since 1/4/08

My wife found a samsung galaxy cell phone on Saturday around 1:00 pm in the middle of the road in Lakewood While we were atv’ing.  Was on a side street in Lakewood hopefully someone here can help get it returned 

10/3/21 @ 6:56 AM
44/45

Where did all the deer go? 1acre food plot and no activity?

10/1/21 @ 6:51 AM
44/45

Food plot went from seeing many deer to seeing at the most, one a night. Very odd. However my apple's are gone from my tree and that seems to be their preference every year. This deer pattern usually is seen when all leaves have dropped. It doesn't help with people filling their truck's with bag's of apples and corn from the BP gas station. I also have a bobcat on camera. First time in over 30 years I have seen one. Asian beetles were bad yesterday. This seems really early as normally I would see them at the end of the month. Fall colors may see peak by the end of the weekend. The tree's are changing really fast!

9/29/21 @ 7:48 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Thanks for the head's up ScoutKing.  I'm listening to your podcast now!  Would love to meet up for a beer around Townsend sometime.  

9/27/21 @ 7:08 PM
Walleye Warrior
Walleye Warrior
User since 8/23/01

Looking forward to seeing all the posts.  I have seen more doe around Lakewood and Townsend this summer riding my bike.  Hope for several more years of no doe harvests.  Have a great fall!

-WW

9/27/21 @ 2:58 PM
scoutking07
scoutking07
User since 10/25/07

Thought I would fire up the old Townsend thread!! I'll be heading up next weekend and hope to sneak into the woods at least once to bow hunt.  We've got a few nice bucks on camera but the big guy we were after last season hasn't been around at all which has me thinking he might be dead.  Could show up at anytime I guess, but certainly would be nice to know he is lurking.

For anyone interested, two friends and I have been working on a podcast all about hunting.  Main goal being to promote hunting in general and put an end to buck shaming.  Its called the "Okayest Hunter Podcast" and can be found via facebook and instagram by searching that name.  We are by no means your typical professional hunters jaw jacking about food plots and vast private lands.  Just a couple public land hunters who enjoy venison and the thrill of the chase.  We hope you join us!!

11/24/20 @ 4:06 PM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

nice job scout, great bucks. Our group got a 125" 10 pt sunday morning, 2nd buck in 3 years which is great for our group. Always enjoyable being in this part of the state. Congrats again!

11/24/20 @ 3:48 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Way to go, Scoutking. Two awesome bucks there. 

Judging by the muddy, wet clothes you probably didn’t shoot them 50 yards from the road. Hard work pays off. 

Displaying 61 to 75 of 475 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE