SEARCH
MORE
Archery

have you br harassed this hunting season

12/29/15 @ 2:39 PM
INITIAL POST
iceman1973
User since 6/30/14
have you been harassed by other hunters or people just walking thru the woods? i had gun hunters put stands up less then 80 yards from my stand & they know it was there.i just had a couple walk past my stand & tried to tell them if they keep doing it its harassment witch it is.they said they would not stop. last year i had a gun hunter waling less them 10 ft from my bait pile so he could walk to his gun bling. anyone else be harasser this year or any other year?
Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
8/11/16 @ 12:29 PM
velocity
User since 5/12/16

Well, I want all of you to stay outta' my woods!!!!

12/31/15 @ 7:49 AM
iceman1973
User since 6/30/14
i found out that there are a lot of so called laws that aren't real laws.this needs to change, scene how you gonna know if you are in the right or wrong.
12/30/15 @ 9:29 AM
perchthriller
User since 7/14/09
lakeshiner that is pretty much what was explained to me when I informed a warden of a time I was harassed while trout fishing. Basically the warden needs to see it or there has to be some recording of it for them to be able to write the ticket. At least that is what the warden explained to me. This is also a person they had dealt with in the past numerous times on the issue. Hunting public is a mixed bag. Hunting over bait, well in my opinion that limits how much area you can cover to get away from other hunters.
12/30/15 @ 9:11 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
You won't prove it unless you have video footage of the guy doing something that is deemed harassment. I don't think anything you described is harassment. If you were to report it, the warden would talk to them and they'd say you are bugging and harassing them, or they would flat out deny it. Your word against theirs, they would never admit to anything in the first place. Need proof. A warden would not just take you at your word, he can't. It would be too easy to screw someone over intentionally. There is a guy up by my place who everyone hates, has had harassment brought up against him numerous times but it never sticks. People say he even shoots his gun when people get anywhere near his property line, total nut job. Have to prove it though or you have no case.
12/29/15 @ 10:17 PM
gotacarp
User since 2/2/10
Ya had someone take my cams and toss moth balls oll over the woods and dump shampoo all over the woods! And this is all on private land! I would love to catch these people! It could be fun when and if I do! Lmfao
12/29/15 @ 9:41 PM
whatup
User since 12/9/01
I would be interested in hear from some people who actually were harassed though.
12/29/15 @ 9:31 PM
qdmaguy
User since 6/14/10
Nobody kept you from hunting. You stated as much You have to be trolling, right?
12/29/15 @ 8:27 PM
iceman1973
User since 6/30/14
you people need to look at the law (WI STATUTE #29.083) basically once you know someone is hunting you cant lawfully keep you from hunting.even if its public land.it comes from the protesters with the wolf hunting.dnr might not do much but ill report it anyways.
12/29/15 @ 6:04 PM
1cast-away
User since 2/2/09
I started parking in the woods instead of on the edge where the neighboring land owners can see my truck from the road. They aren't bow hunters and there a feud that dates back a generation between the 2 landowners. If they see my truck there they often would go for atv rides and pound on fence posts....all legal things to do on your own property. But now they can't tell when I'm there anymore.
12/29/15 @ 4:30 PM
lazyfishr
lazyfishr
User since 5/29/06
You would have about as good of a chance convincing a warden that what you described is harassment as I would convincing one that my wife complaining that I hunt too much is hunter harassment. If anything, you could have been harassing the hunters that walked near you as they were not breaking any laws. But the real question, how many lines can you have out trolling during archery season?
12/29/15 @ 3:54 PM
Horble
User since 4/11/08
I am in no way ripping on anyone for the way they hunt, as long as it is legal. One of the biggest 'issues' with baiting on public land is that a 'baiter' can set up the bait pile early and then 'claim' a piece of public land as his own, expecting all others to give the proper space to that piece of claimed property. It has led to more conflicts than all others combined. Gotta say, if you are willing to put up with the so called harassment then just keep doing what you are doing (and in the same place) every year. Or, have numerous hunting locations scouted out, be as mobile as possible and hunt in the place that is least pressured to avoid other hunters. There are other ways to hunt instead of camping out on one bait pile the entire gun season. And, BTW, those other hunters know that corn pile is there which is why they are hunting it too. Public is public, and ethics aside, they all have a right to be there too.
12/29/15 @ 3:24 PM
whatup
User since 12/9/01
Try spell check next time. First off, walking past you is not harassment. Even if it's every day. Even if they are not hunting. Sitting close to you is not harassment. If your on public land, that's the way it goes. It sucks, but they have just as much right to be there as you. Harassment would be if someone walks through the woods with an air horn and blasts it intentionally, to scare deer away. That is just one of many examples
Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE