SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

need help with stolen deer head mount

12/19/13 @ 12:46 AM
INITIAL POST
fishballs
User since 4/8/04
my young sons pride and joy 120 class 8pt buck mount was taken recently from our home and we found out it was pawned and sold at fast&easy pawn store in Oshkosh. they do not have a name to follow up on so please if you bought this mount from there recently i'd like to buy it back for my son as hes heartbroken! you can call or text me with info at 920-460-5576 and god bless you!
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
1/9/14 @ 10:39 AM
519vx
User since 7/7/05
I sure hope he gets it back, but I don't understand how the pawn shop doesn't have the name of who they bought the mount from. It's law they have to keep that information on file for situations just like this one. Have you contacted the local police and/or sheriff's dept?
1/8/14 @ 9:52 AM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09
Thieves suck. Pardon my language. Put out pictures in any local establishments that will let you. Word will get around. Facebook is another good place. Hopefully you simply omitted the part where you notified police about the pawn shop selling stolen goods?
12/28/13 @ 6:42 AM
fishballs
User since 4/8/04
the outpouring of support from guys on this site in helping me try to locate my sons missing head mount has restored my belief in lake link! thanks to all that continue to help us find his missing deer mount, god bless you all.
12/23/13 @ 8:10 PM
Safe Hunt
User since 11/2/12
Fish balls, Pm me as I would like to send your son a deer calendar that a friend makes. Keep us in the loop on the missing mount. A lot of good suggestions here. Merry Christmas
12/23/13 @ 10:15 AM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05
I don't see why you would have to pay for it. It is stolen property. Purchasing "hot" items is illegal.
12/23/13 @ 4:38 AM
fishballs
User since 4/8/04
thanks 'safe hunt', my son ws 14 when he shot the buck. its an 8 pt with long equal tines and about a 16" spread. I really hope we get it back and I was hoping for xmas but I have my doubts and then im hoping the guy doesn't make it an un- buyable price.
12/22/13 @ 9:09 AM
dryice
User since 12/7/04
Also if you have it, the official scoring sheet you/he recieved from the taxidermist or scoring official would be invaluable in identifying your mount. This could also be used in the event that its not recovered to have a duplicate made. I hope you get it back.
12/20/13 @ 1:54 PM
theimer
theimer
User since 12/11/05
pictures of the rack will go along way to. I would make flyers up with the story and pics of the buck. if the rack had any unique characteristics put that on the flyer as well. put that at all pawn shops, outdoor stores or any where you can. you never know who will see the mount. that's my advice to you. good luck hopefully you will find it.
12/20/13 @ 12:27 PM
Cory2
User since 7/16/10
FB, Post your plea on the archery and big game sections also. Those get more traffic than the WI hunting discussion does. Unfortunately, after gun season these sections seem to go quiet so the traffic is very low. Good luck on finding your son's mount, I would be crushed if we lost/got stolen my 10 year old son's first deer head from this year and it is only a european mount of a nubber. Good luck and sorry for your loss.
12/19/13 @ 10:19 AM
Safe Hunt
User since 11/2/12
Fish balls I wish I had news of your sons stolen mount. Please give us some specifics as to age of your son,when he got this nice deer. Any one of us would be crushed at such a loss. Also, please let all,of us know if there is anything that we can do or contribute to make this loss a bit easier to handle. There are a ton of great people on LL, just ask and I will help
Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE