Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Good waterfowl resources

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

hunt91
hunt91
Level: General User
2/7/12 10:03 AM CST
I was fortunate enough to get a professor this semester who is letting us pick the topic for a 15 page paper. And of course being a duck hunter I chose waterfowl hunting and everything that encompasses it. I'm wondering if anyone here is aware of any good REPUTABLE sites or books that would help me in my research? Anything from management to government reports to the history of waterfowl hunting would be great.

Hailcall
Hailcall
2/7/12 2:26 PM CST
.....and that should be enough reading to produce over 15 pages. Now, from the US dept of the interior you can access the USFWS site and get the low down on there side of the first duck season and the reasons that surrounded the formation. So depending on which direction your paper tends to lean, gov't or hunter you should be able to aquire the needed material.

MarquetteCtyOutdoorsman
See Profile
2/7/12 11:31 AM CST
Ducks Unlimited's website. Or Delta Waterfowl.

Benelli_4572
Benelli_4572
2/7/12 11:26 AM CST
Stillers duck camp might be Interesting more for a local old timers perspective. Also the diverse demograph of waterfowlers

Benelli_4572
Benelli_4572
2/7/12 11:24 AM CST
Lake link! Lol! Tounge Out

deskjockey
deskjockey
2/7/12 10:46 AM CST
"Mr. Buck", an autobiography of Nash Buckingham has some good info on the conservation movement, as does "Crusade for Wildlife" by James Trefethen. Back issues of "Wildfowl" mag has all kinds of info on the early days of waterfowling and the transition to todays game laws and conservation efforts. Same for the DU mags. The magazines will probably give you many more leads on books to check out also- good luck!

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply IceForce AquaVu Uncle Josh Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook