INITIAL POST
bullheadfisherman
User since 8/14/11
Anybody use this lure?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
3/15/13 @ 4:13 PM
CyclopsCrop-a-Lop
User since 3/2/12
I have had a couple of follows and caught one at midnight on a full moon. Not huge but it hit hard. I have had a ton of success with Mouldy's Hog Wobbler in the past and this is similar but I like the action better. Moves nice and slow, with a bigger profile and gives off more sound for night fishing if you like to throw surface baits at night.
3/5/13 @ 5:25 PM
muskyschlott
User since 10/2/09
i got myself one too. dont know if i should use it, or just admire it. very neat paint job.
3/1/13 @ 8:41 AM
flynfish
flynfish
User since 9/27/05
I bought one at the Milwaukee show this year. Can't wait to use it. Hopefully it was a good $40 investment!
2/26/13 @ 9:42 AM
Jeff Van Remortel
Jeff Van Remortel
User since 3/15/11
Nail on the head Jason! Like the gunstock varnish idea!
2/24/13 @ 2:34 PM
Pioneer22
User since 5/28/07
My dad and I were at the Chicago show and he bought two. We fish the Tomahawk area and were really impressed with the quality and detail of his lures. I've been looking at them all winter and can't wait to try em...
2/24/13 @ 10:37 AM
iTan
User since 5/11/12
Jason good story! He has a website I've seen other people directed to on other fishing forums. I think it was on Worral's. I can't find it though! When he dropped off a bunch of lures in Lake Tom at my old man's I know most were "for sale" back then from 45-70 bucks! His buddy also made lures, I can't think of his name but we got a bunch of those too. He also gave my dad the big giant northern pike looking crankbait and a couple prototypes. Nim Twitches I think. I've casted all of them and his baits rock, especially the Wlly Pog. Andy
2/20/13 @ 10:09 PM
reefhawg
reefhawg
User since 1/23/10
While I don't use them as much as I used to for one reason or another, I had great luck on Gregs wobblers, including the wolly pog over the past 15 or so years. Not being a fan of the heavy envirotex coating, I used to have him just paint them up for me without the coating. Then, just like my rylures, I use gun stock varnish on the hook rash and tooth scarring, and they almost become petrified. While they don't look pretty at all, they last much longer than my other lures that start out much prettier with the heavy clear coat. I also used to have greg customize my wobblers/pogs in some other ways, that really made them attractive and great hooking lures. Had so much luck with one, that I had him make a half dozen more in different colors and size nuances. They really had a unique 'clack' to them and could be retrieved relatively quickly for a surface wobbler for times when needed. Love the story of his baits, and how delightful he was to work with. Wonder if he still carves them with that big knife. While I love my Rylures for beauty and durability and the fact Ryan is a good friend, Greg Nimmer is one of very few that I'd put in that league for design, and unique quality lures that are art but catch fish. I really like Ev Kolsteds lures too, which can be tough to find. He learned luremaking from Greg N. and used to make some absolutely beautiful wobblers and creepers for me. It has been nearly 10 years since I've gotten a lure from him. If anyone knows him or has his contact, please advise. Thank you. Jason Schillinger
2/15/13 @ 8:02 AM
Jeff Van Remortel
Jeff Van Remortel
User since 3/15/11
some big green fishes taken a taken on the "pog".
Nimmer Swimmer Wolly Pog photo by WI Duck Guide
4/7/12 @ 6:57 PM
ESOX68
ESOX68
User since 2/21/06
I also have a few.I bought a black one too use for fishing.The others I just like to look at. Smile
2/18/12 @ 3:52 PM
SlimeTime
User since 3/26/10
Yeah bought Wolly Pog from Gregg at the Chicago Musky Show. It looks like a well done hand-crafted lure. I'm anxious to see how the lure runs in the water......it just looks like it's going to get smashed be a monster.
1/30/12 @ 12:43 PM
Marc Morrone
Marc Morrone
User since 9/3/08
Nimmer's baits are in a class of their own. We sell them in our store in Phillips, and fish with them as well. If you see Greg at the shows pick up a bait. I like the smaller Wolly Pog best, and his Globe's rock too! His smaller and mid size baits often sell for $25-$30 at the shows. Compare this to the injection molded plastic baits that you pay $20 for, and all of a suddend his baits look very fairly priced. And you get to show the fish something they have probably not seen before, as you'll never see Nimmer's at Fleet Farm or Bass Pro. I know Nimmer will be at the Milwaukee Musky Expo and the new Musky Show in Wausau first weekend in March - and so will we! See you there!
1/16/12 @ 6:40 PM
basscaster
User since 6/21/01
I was at a Muskie fishermman's garage about 2 months ago and he showed me his best baits and he told me I should get a Polly wog. Don't tell him . . . . I bought two of them.With two Polly Wogs,I should be able to catch twice as many Muskies ! ! Tounge Out
1/16/12 @ 1:52 PM
Capt. Matt Raley
Capt. Matt Raley
User since 12/7/02
Greg does a great job on his lures and I own several of them. They are pricy but are hand carved out of Bass wood and catch plenty of fish. I would rather fish with a hand carved lure from a local guy than a lure made in China any day. I have one lake in particular I call the lure the "dinner bell" since its pretty much a guarantee that it will get eaten several times given the right conditions. He will even fix and re-paint your lure after it has been used and abused by fish. Haven't done it since I usually just hang them on the wall after their life span is over but I talked with him last summer and he said does fix and repaint used lures. They have a wider profile for a fish to see and a deeper sounding clank than a hog wobbler.
1/16/12 @ 12:12 PM
Budman
User since 8/17/01
I have one, but the only thing I caught on it was a LM Bass
1/15/12 @ 5:56 PM
lightningmusky
User since 8/20/09
Great lure and Greg is a terrific guy. His lures really are pieces of work. He does a lure that is a turtle and its truly unbelievable work.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE