SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

best minnesota lake for perch?

12/17/10 @ 9:44 PM
INITIAL POST
tail chasin
User since 7/4/10
Looking at taking a trip to find some perch in minnesota, any suggestions.
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts
12/22/10 @ 2:30 PM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09
Upper Red has some perch, but we've never found them in numbers there - I don't think we ever caught more than 3-4 per day. But, because of the crappie and now walleye reputation, we never targeted perch there, so maybe there are places where you can find more than a handful. The outfitter we go through thinks the perch get up to keeper size and migrate across the boundary to the reservation.

Winnie was great, then went through a bit of a drought. But, the last 2 years have been pretty good there. Good thing about Winnie is it is close to a lot of really good lakes. (less than 30' drive).

My nephews have been going to Leech and having a great time with perch and walleyes the past few years.

12/21/10 @ 2:20 PM
vikingman
User since 5/30/08
a smaller lake to look at is black duck lots of perch and walleye. the resort has cabins and a couple sleepers. the name is dunrovin resort. the rates are a little easier on the wallet as well i think a sleeper for the week is 400 for the two man. also if your the exploring type upper red is only about a half hours drive from there

12/21/10 @ 12:41 PM
Fish Boy 35
Fish Boy 35
User since 1/14/05
I've fished most of the lakes that have been previously listed and my best advice is to contact local baitshops around those big bodies of water and fish the smaller lakes the local hot spots. Pretty much every lake up there either has a good population of crappie or perch or both and they are less pressured easier to find and stay on them plus they are a lot of times huge! Hope it helps.

Fish Boy

12/21/10 @ 11:43 AM
kwhenke
User since 1/2/03
i have been going up to winnie for the past 6 years. lots of perch. pm me for more info.. got lots of good spots on gps willing to share.

12/20/10 @ 9:04 PM
tail chasin
User since 7/4/10
thats what i was thinking

12/18/10 @ 5:19 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02
Winnibigoshish is a good choice. Leech Lake, Lake of the Woods, Red Lake and Mille Lacs are other possibilities. All are big water and have resorts that maintain ice roads for an access fee. To explore further go to www.fishingminnesota.com. That site will have all your answers.

Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE