MORE
Ice Fishing

propane heater ventilation

2/10/16 @ 9:11 PM
INITIAL POST
Pike man15
Pike man15
User since 1/15/15
I got a propane heater and I was wondering how to keep my shanty ventilated. Its going to be 0 degrees so any tip. First time using one.
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
2/15/16 @ 9:03 AM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04
You didn't say what kind of shack, but if it is a permanent shack, definitely get a carbon monoxide detector. They are cheap and can save your life. Every year we hear of people dying in their shacks from it.
2/12/16 @ 9:26 AM
Gone 4 Now
User since 4/26/08
All good advise. I don't know about using a lighter to test for oxygen thou, seems to me if the lighter don't lite you're already dead !
2/12/16 @ 8:22 AM
Namvet
Namvet
User since 1/9/09
I carry a small, clip-on fan with me. It runs off of a 12v battery same as the flasher. I clip it to the top of my Clam Vista pop-up and it works to both ventilate and circulate the heat from the Mr. Buddy heater. Also, keep the vents at the top open.
2/11/16 @ 7:20 AM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03
Definitely keep a vent or two open. Even though they say they have a low oxygen shut off don't trust that 100%. It's better to play it safe. I carry along a lighter that I know works. Every so often if I'm hunkered down in my shack I'll light it. If it doesn't light or flickers more than it should it's time to open things up a bit more so it can air out some.
2/11/16 @ 7:04 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
The specs on that heater say it is ventless and has a low oxygen shutoff sensor. That being said I would still let the shanty vent a small amount but no need to worry about a flue or chimney.
2/10/16 @ 9:24 PM
Pike man15
Pike man15
User since 1/15/15
Its a dyna-glo tag along propane heater. I bought it off someone, not sure how old it is. He probably got it new like 5 years ago at most.
2/10/16 @ 9:14 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02
What type of heater? Is it the newer ventless or the older style with burner?
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE