INITIAL POST
avalanche z
User since 2/18/10
ice gloves that keep u warm but not to bulky
Displaying 1 to 15 of 31 posts
11/27/14 @ 7:56 PM
frozentoo
User since 7/27/12
I've had these for @ 5 years; still the warmest I can find and I've tried a lot!
11/27/14 @ 12:36 AM
fish trap
PRO MEMBER User since 12/27/03
Kinco Pigskin Heatkeep work well for keeping fingers warm
11/22/14 @ 6:42 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06
My capped mits from Columbia are going on their 3 rd year and are in great shape. Very warm and I really like the thumb caps, easy to flip on or off.
11/22/14 @ 8:13 AM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
User since 4/1/12
put a whole hard season on my frabill task gloves last year and they held up great and kept my fingers warm. i also have a pair of the artic armour gloves that came with my suit and they do not hold up well. material is coming apart between the thumb and pointer finger and they have not seen hardly any use at all. i know of 3 other guys that have had the same problem with theres as well. i only use the gloves to drill and set up then it is bare handed for me.
11/22/14 @ 1:34 AM
ultramicro
User since 6/17/11
Thanks for the link to the fingerless gloves, anlen! I use fingerless (synthetic material) paddling gloves from REI most of the time for icefishing, but some of the options you've identified might easily be worth the cost! I've found that fingerless gloves under mittens are a practical combination for icefishing: unloading, hauling, drilling, baiting, experimenting, repositioning, unhooking and rebaiting, etc, etc... Smile
11/21/14 @ 1:20 PM
Animated1
User since 1/20/09
I put that on there because maybe they never thought of mits over gloves. They also make mits with removable caps so that you can use your fingers. If you ask me, my post is more informative about gloves/mits than your post bickering about another's post. Do you go on the threads where people ask about a Vexilar but then people throw in comments related to Marcum, and comment on comments there?
11/21/14 @ 11:48 AM
Animated1
User since 1/20/09
I wear mits before gloves and usually the inside of my shack is warm enough to go barehanded. When out of the shack, I have a pair of the Ice Armor mits and they are warm. Rode across a lake on the front of a 4 wheeler and the wind and cold had no effect on my hands. No hand warmers needed. The only downside is that they're about $40 and I got mine with a gift card. I also have a extra pair the big leather mits you can get a Fleet Farm and make a great back up when taking rookies ice fishing.
11/21/14 @ 8:49 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07
Any comments regarding Arctic Armor gloves?
11/21/14 @ 6:31 AM
anlen
User since 11/21/14
I use the fingerless fishing gloves, your hands can be a good activity.
12/8/13 @ 8:57 AM
bnkrnr
bnkrnr
User since 1/25/11
my suggestion is to get a pair of mitts. i bought some gore tex cabbalas brand ones at on sale last year. (they go on sale every year) when you get a flag you can rip off your mitts and after immediately put them back in the mitts after. there are no gloves out there that will give you the feeling of your bare hands. plus, neoprene is prone to have a hole or two from hooks.
12/8/13 @ 8:07 AM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01
going to go check out the frabil task gloves,some of you talk about. they come with Premium nosewipe material on thumb,...that right there would seal the deal.
12/8/13 @ 6:31 AM
cosmic
cosmic
User since 6/29/01
KINKOS Oil them up and they are as waterproof as a $50 pair of Ice Armour and only 25 percent of the cost.
12/6/13 @ 9:17 AM
fish8mybait
fish8mybait
User since 6/25/07
One word for you.....neoprene. I don't like wearing gloves because it cuts down on my feel while jigging but when checking tip ups, these work great. Even when they are wet they seem to keep my hands warm. Icestalker, I love that avatar! I always remember the old Schmidt cans from way back in the day.
12/6/13 @ 7:34 AM
icestalker
icestalker
User since 11/14/12
Ditto on the Frabill Task Gloves. After experimenting for years with different stuff, I bought a pair from Gander last fall. Went through the whole season with them and they held up really well. Warm, but you can move your fingers. Will fish with them again this year. For me, they are the best gloves I have found yet, so I am sticking with them.
12/6/13 @ 4:51 AM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
User since 4/1/12
been using the frabill task gloves this year and so far i am very happy, waterproof and warm for price cant go wrong. onsale at fleet for 20.00.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 31 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE