SEARCH
MORE
Great Lakes Fishing

Salmon recipes for the grill

3/5/16 @ 2:06 PM
INITIAL POST
mayo16
User since 5/23/12
Trying to get rid of the rest of my salmon and trout from last year. Wife and kids are sick of the same old same old. So just put this out there seeing if anyone had some good recipes.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 32 posts
8/10/16 @ 9:45 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

All of my family/relatives said to make the salmon burgers again so I assume they were pretty good.

8/9/16 @ 9:52 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Those Salmon burgers sound pretty tasty!

8/9/16 @ 12:01 AM
Unreel
Unreel
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

I really like the Rub With Love rubs by Chef Tom Douglas out of Etta's in Seattle. The smoked paprika and thyme really make my mouth water. I've tried it with skin on and skin off. His pork rub is the only rub I ever had on ribs where I didn't miss the sauce.

Tom Douglas Rubs

8/8/16 @ 3:49 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

You probably need fresh salmon for this but we tempura salmon chunks and have them with stir fried udon noodles and veggies.  There's a Japanese sauce that we get at the store that we add to the stir fry.  Get some wasabi for the salmon.  Yummy.

8/8/16 @ 9:33 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01

Saw this recipe in the paper a few years ago:

Ingredients:  Salmon fillet, cherry or grape tomatoes, potato wedges, green beans, salt, pepper, garlic powder and lemon to taste

Preheat oven to 400.  Cover potatoes, green beans and tomatoes in olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Place in baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.  Place them to the side,enough room to put salmon fillet down in the baking dish.  Season salmon with garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon.  Bake 10-15 minutes, or until fish is flakey.

Works well with northern pike too!

8/8/16 @ 8:15 AM
fishmunkee
fishmunkee
User since 3/20/02

Salmon burgers - Take half your fillet and put in blender/food processor with a touch of olive oil, butter and whatever seasoning you like (I like taco seasoning variations are limitless) and blend until a paste. Cube the rest of fillet into 1/2 inch pieces. Mix the cubes and paste thoroughly. Form patties about an inch thick then grill burgers or fry in some olive oil on stove. Serve on a bun with cheese, toppings, etc. burger style or serve on top of a pile of black beans. A lime chipolte mayo topping is good with the taco seasoned burger.

8/8/16 @ 7:32 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

There are countless numbers of good recipes but none of them matter unless you get the skin and grey fat line off of the skin side of the fillet.

8/7/16 @ 7:47 PM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01

Grilled Sockeye salmon tonight,oh so good.

Salmon recipes for the grill photo by fishhook
8/5/16 @ 7:17 AM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01

Quick easy Salmon on the grill.

salmon fillet on a brown paper bag skin down.

With scissors cut all away around it leaving about a 1/4" of bag showing.

brush on olive oil.

sprinkle on favorite dry spice(north woods fire,by Penzey)

heat grill to about 375-400

scoop salmon/bag up with cookie sheet,& put on grill for 10-15 mins. depending on size of fillet.

remove,eat,enjoy.

the skin sticks to the paper bag,which does not burn up on the grill because of the skin oils.

oh so good.

Salmon recipes for the grill photo by fishhook
7/29/16 @ 2:58 PM
deskjockey
User since 1/23/10

On a medium grill, skin side down first, flip and cook to medium. Skin side first seems to keep it from sticking. Flip to skin side down again, smear top and sides with mild BBQ sauce, give it two more minutes and serve medium well with more sauce on the side. I like to slice off the skin and remove dark, fatty flesh and line from skin side before serving. Had it this way at Riva's on Navy Pier 15 years ago- it's been my go-to salmon grill since than.

7/29/16 @ 8:02 AM
Xjarhead
User since 8/5/01

Here's one I did last night in the oven. Take the skin off the fillet and place the fillet in a baking dish. Melt some butter in a small dish and add a couple tablespoons of pesto to the melted butter. Spread the pesto mixture over the entire fillet. Sprinkle Panko bread crumbs over the fillet, sprinkle Parmesan over the top of everything and bake in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes. Then broil for about 2 minutes to crust the top. AWESOME!!!!

7/28/16 @ 9:19 PM
nubbz07
User since 12/31/09

my favorite recipe is 1 cup Mayo, 1packet of GOLDEN onion soup mix. it has to be golden onion. garlic powder, and whatever other seasoning you like. I like some Cajun seasoning. mix up the marinade  slather on the salmon and let sit on the counter for an hour. bake until the Mayo gets golden brown and the fish is done.

7/27/16 @ 7:32 PM
Xjarhead
User since 8/5/01

Simpler the better I say...Put one fillet in tin foil skin side down..add butter, onion, lowreys seasoning salt and pepper. Place on med heat on grill for approx. 5-7 min per side.

Please add your recipes to this tread

3/19/16 @ 10:06 PM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04
I try to go cave man on a hot mesquite fired grill, with fresh caught fillets. I toss the fish skin side up, flesh side down on the hot side of the grill. Five to 8 minutes later I scrape the fillet off the grill and flip it. I smear a little butter on the browned flesh side and sprinkle Cajun powder on top then cover again and cook for 7-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of the piece). Carefully slide the spatula between the meat and the skin leaving the charred skin on the grill.
3/15/16 @ 10:36 PM
walleyedon
User since 9/5/07
heres a recipie for the grill my old friend pat shared with me at first i thought it would be too salty but the result was fantastic! on aluminum foil: air dried ( 1 hr ...makes them tacky ) salmon fillets, rub with light coat of olive oil, cover the fillets entirely in sea salt ( i know sounds wierd ) season with terragon, pepper, or any thing you like like cayanne,little garlic if you like...... etc. then cover the fillets with a good layer of onions and then a layer of tomatoes.... different right? last lay on some shredded chedder cheese over the whole mess close up foil and grill for about 20 min. till done walleyedon really good!!!! hope you try it ENJOY my friends! GO PACKERS!!!
Displaying 1 to 15 of 32 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE