LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Idaho wolf coming to a WI city near you! :)

12/17/10 @ 11:25 AM
INITIAL POST
PntrRookie
PntrRookie
User since 4/4/05
Sent to me from a military friend of mine.

People wonder how a little old wolf can kill a big bull elk. Well wonder no more. This wolf was shot in the Salmon area of Idaho. This is one BIG Wolf. This is what we are up against in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Oregon. These big wolves are eating everything in their wake and expanding their territory faster than we can keep track of them. Who is afraid of the "Big Bad Wolf?" Those wolves don't bother anything or anybody? Guess again.

Heidi shot this wolf just outside their home down river at Spring Creek. Heidi was in the store and said that they have had a pack running around their place and decided when they heard about them coming their way again, they would try and shoot one (she did have a tag). So the next time came quickly and while waiting for the pack to get closer, they looked in the woods below them and there was this wolf. He weighed 127 lbs, was a collared wolf and by the time they got it to Fish & Game (which is probably an 1.5 hr drive, Fish & Game already knew about the wolf and said they had been looking for him. He is now skinned and hanging at their place. The wolf pack had been terrorizing campers lately. Had a couple of guys treed in the cab of their pickup all night at Colson Creek campground. Not afraid of human campsites at all.

Idaho wolf coming to a WI city near you! :) photo by PntrRookie
Displaying 11 to 18 of 18 posts
12/17/10 @ 7:03 PM
Bone collector
User since 5/16/05
I've almost always carried a side arm while burning leather in the north woods.when people ask if Im worried about bears or wolves,I always give the same answer.

Only the two legged ones!!!!

12/17/10 @ 5:34 PM
journeymission
journeymission
User since 2/27/10
Wow, that thing has some beautiful coloration.

12/17/10 @ 3:43 PM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
User since 5/31/02
Are any of you guys ever "afraid" out there in the November deer woods?

I've been going "up north" since 1965 and have been actively hunting the Nicolet National Forest since 1977 (when I got my first car). Many times I have fallen asleep on-stand and have never felt so much as a trace of fear out there in the woods all alone, even the night I got lost and had to spend the whole night out there in the forest.

But now? With all these wolves running around?

I'm almost ashamed to say these things make me "nervous". I used to never have more than 2 cartridges loaded in the 30.06, but now, I'm more likely to have 3 or 4. I don't know what good that's going to do me if I'm ever attacked by a pack of wolves.

Has a wolf attack ever happened to a hunter in the state of Wisconsin?

We don't have wolves as large as these in Wisconsin, do we?

12/17/10 @ 1:34 PM
fiddler
User since 12/2/09
another nice one

12/17/10 @ 11:46 AM
rwl
User since 6/18/01
Sort of looks like this one that came from over in some European country. Some sort of subspecies. They are supposed to be bigger. Who knows, it might be the real story though. So hard to believe anything now days, anyone recognize the mountians Wondering
12/17/10 @ 11:26 AM
PntrRookie
PntrRookie
User since 4/4/05
Pictures two and three

Idaho wolf coming to a WI city near you! :) photo by PntrRookie
Displaying 11 to 18 of 18 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE