SEARCH
MORE
Fishing Equipment

Copolymer vs. Monofilament

8/12/08 @ 1:09 PM
INITIAL POST
FishingIsLIFE
User since 12/30/04
I usually use Gamma Edge 100% fluorocarbon, but like many says fluorocarbon is not that great for bobber fishing. Anyone know the difference between copolymer and mono? I'll probably be purchasing Gamma's high performance copolymer line for float fishing. Any input and information would be great! Thanks

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
8/19/08 @ 1:01 AM
FishingIsLIFE
User since 12/30/04
Thanks snowdog. Looks like I made my choice!

8/16/08 @ 4:50 PM
snowdog
User since 9/13/02
No the CoPolymer does not sink like Fluoro. The Gamma high performance is the best copolymer I've used. It works great for slip float fishing and all other uses.

8/14/08 @ 12:54 PM
FishingIsLIFE
User since 12/30/04
Anyone know if copolymer sinks like fluoro? or more like mono? Anyone? thanks

8/12/08 @ 11:45 PM
FishingIsLIFE
User since 12/30/04
Yeap fluorocarbon sinks a lot! Experienced with all fluoro lines I've used. Does anyone know if copolymer sinks like fluoro? Buddy of mine used gamma copolymer and liked it a lot but got a little expensive for his budget to buy several spools. I've used pline in the past and had bad experience with 6lb test so I'm done with that. Broke on every fish from 10inch to 16inch. Lost a lot of my good lures too Sad . Gamma is quite expensive but worked great for me. So as of now, sticking to whats working for me Big Smile

8/12/08 @ 4:08 PM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08
The reason flurocarbon doesn't work well for slip bobber fishing is that it SINK"S.That make's it hard to set the hook I even grease mono with fly line floatant up to 10feet of the end.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE