Fishing reports and lake information for Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, North Dakota and South Dakota

Copolymer vs. Monofilament

Sort posts by date: Descending Ascending

Original Post:

FishingIsLIFE
FishingIsLIFE
Level: General User
8/12/08 1:07 PM CST
I usually use Gamma Edge 100% fluorocarbon, but like many says fluorocarbon is not that great for bobber fishing. Anyone know the difference between copolymer and mono? I'll probably be purchasing Gamma's high performance copolymer line for float fishing. Any input and information would be great! Thanks

FishingIsLIFE
FishingIsLIFE
8/19/08 12:59 AM CST
Thanks snowdog. Looks like I made my choice!

snowdog
See Profile
8/16/08 4:48 PM CST
No the CoPolymer does not sink like Fluoro. The Gamma high performance is the best copolymer I've used. It works great for slip float fishing and all other uses.

FishingIsLIFE
FishingIsLIFE
8/14/08 12:52 PM CST
Anyone know if copolymer sinks like fluoro? or more like mono? Anyone? thanks

FishingIsLIFE
FishingIsLIFE
8/12/08 11:43 PM CST
Yeap fluorocarbon sinks a lot! Experienced with all fluoro lines I've used. Does anyone know if copolymer sinks like fluoro? Buddy of mine used gamma copolymer and liked it a lot but got a little expensive for his budget to buy several spools. I've used pline in the past and had bad experience with 6lb test so I'm done with that. Broke on every fish from 10inch to 16inch. Lost a lot of my good lures too Sad . Gamma is quite expensive but worked great for me. So as of now, sticking to whats working for me Big Smile

drummer boy
See Profile
8/12/08 4:06 PM CST
The reason flurocarbon doesn't work well for slip bobber fishing is that it SINK"S.That make's it hard to set the hook I even grease mono with fly line floatant up to 10feet of the end.

Launch Map Viewer

Remember Me
Setup New Account
Forgot Your Password?
Membership Benefits
Compare Account Types
Please Practice Catch And Release
Lake-Link asks you to please take a moment to visit our fine sponsors:
Custom Jigs & Spins Plano Frabill Chevy Dealers Of Wisconsin Humminbird St. Croix Rods The 60 Second Angler Jerry's Sport Service Midwestern Shooters Supply Hard And Soft Fishing Fenwick

Lake-Link.com find us on facebook