SEARCH
MORE
Dogs & Dog Training

Best Training video

12/13/13 @ 12:54 PM
INITIAL POST
git-da-net
User since 4/12/07
What is the best video in your opinion on training a retriever. Obediencem, force fetch, all the way through blinds and handling. There are so many out there. I dont know what would be the most beneficial for the money. Looking for suggestions.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
12/20/13 @ 10:08 AM
madmurph
User since 10/25/09
WISCO, the Perfect Start/Perfect Finish DVD's are excellent, especially for lesser experienced trainers as they are very in depth and show the entire process step by step. Some DVD's will go through the entire process from bird introduction with a new pup to steady to wing and shot and backing in less than an hour. A lot of questions are left unanswered. The Perfect Start/Finish is a 5 DVD set that is several hours long. You are correct, they are expensive, but if cost is an issue, buy the Perfect Start first and when your dog is ready to progress, you can buy the Perfect Finish. The Hickox DVD's are also quite popular. His system was changed recently to include the use of a clicker during training. Others like the Smith Silent Command system DVD's. Whatever program you choose, stick with it and don't rush the process to the next step. Best of luck.
12/17/13 @ 12:11 PM
git-da-net
User since 4/12/07
I might be interested in the Hillman vid. What are you looking to get for it? Is it pretty much basic stuff for a young pup? I am ready to start FF soon so dont know if that would have any useful info for the stage we are at, but I wouldn't mind watching it anyway. Let me know what you gotta get for Rae. I believe that costs over a hundred new??? So I am not sure I could swing it right now with xmas and all unless you gave me a smokin deal. Otherwise after the holidays I would certainly be interested.
12/17/13 @ 12:00 AM
Rae
User since 6/19/01
I used Bill Tillman's "Training a retriever puppy" it worked well, and went in small stages that were easy to keep her going on. I am done with it and would be willing to part with it if interested. Thanks, Rae
12/16/13 @ 1:53 PM
WISCO_GSP
User since 12/13/13
Does any one have any recommendations for pointer videos? I bought a Bob West video for puppy training and was dissapointed. Heard Perfect Start/Perfect Finish was really good but also kind of expensive.
12/16/13 @ 10:06 AM
SHEEPD0G
SHEEPD0G
User since 5/22/12
Total Retriever Training, Smartworks, Fowl Dawgs, even Duck Dog Basics series isn't bad.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE