MORE
General Discussion

Basement Insulation

7/22/15 @ 5:46 PM
INITIAL POST
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Hey all you builders! I'm finishing a room for my son in our basement. The main purpose of the room for the next three years will be for him and his friends that he plays music with to have a place to practice. We built a similar room in our old house that had a guitar studio and a place for his buddies to set up their gear. The only drawback was that we didn't insulate it so there were some nights that got a little loud while we were watching TV. What's the best and most economical way to insulate the ceiling? I've heard of noise dampening drywall and of course I could insulate the snot out of it but what's the best way? In three years the boy will be off to college and the room will just be a guitar studio and probably a smaller basement living room so I'm not looking to spend a ton on this.
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
7/23/15 @ 7:32 AM
zeplure
zeplure
PRO MEMBER User since 2/11/02
They make sound batt insulation. you can get it at Menards
7/22/15 @ 9:47 PM
chrome-dome
ayeFeesh
User since 5/17/11
egg cartons...Hustle and Flow style. (google it) Good luck!
7/22/15 @ 8:02 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
We sat watching TV a few minutes ago while my son plugged in my custom Strat and fired up the tube amp. Sweet sounds came through the un-insulated floorboards ranging from Stevie Ray Vaughn to Hendrix to some 60's surfer tunes from the likes of Dick Dale and The Ventures. Pappy taught him well! Gonna miss that when he goes off to college. Maybe I don't want to insulate! Crying
7/22/15 @ 6:44 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01
Not bad! They're actually pretty good though.
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE