1. I can't seem to be real stabile with the bow, holding on target. If I use the same method I use to free-hand rifle shoot, then I am fine with shot placement. That is start above the target, slowly bring your sights down until you hit the top of my orange sticker, then squeeze the release. Is there a better method or a way to become stabile? If I try to hold the pin in the same spot I feel like I am somewhat doing circle.
Not many can hold like a rock, but some can! coming down on the target is a good thing! dont worry about pin movement! dont concentrate on your pin! just the spot you want to hit..the arrow will go there! you concentrate to hard on the pin and try and control pin movement your setting yourself up for target panic.
2. How do you know if a string is bad or not? Seems good to me, but ignorance is bliss I guess. I do notice I need to add a lot of wax to eliminate the fraying.
PSE Strings on that bow are not very good but will work fine, keep it waxed, watch your timing mark on the Cam, they will stretch a tad and cam orientation will get off a bit! I know had the same bow!
3. Drop away rest - I notice my odd white fletching is leaving a mark on the rest - is that normal? I guess when they state drop away rest, the fletching would not touch it at all?
If your getting fletch contact..the rest is setup wrong! if its attached to the cable with the football clamp you can fix it, what rest is it?
4. I did not buy new arrows for this bow, and my old ones stick out about 1-1.5" past the rest. Is that an issue? Like I said, seems to shoot fine. They are carbon with the small fletchings ~ 2".
Your arrows are fine it will hurt nothing, but if you want you could shorten them a bit and get new inserts.
5. Something not related to the bow, but more bow-hunting, what do people use for binoculars? I have a set of 10x42 I really like for deer-hunting, but they feel a bit bulky for bowhunting - don't want anything in the way when I shoot.
Alot of good glass out there without spending a arm and leg..especially for treestand hunting, Checkout Google Zen- Ray,Alpen,Vortex brand optics cant go wrong with either. or head to cabelas and start looking through all the Glass and find something thats good in the price you want to spend, Im using Zen- Ray ZRS HD 10x42s and love them and ZR stands behind there product..i test it lol!
Appreciate all your hel