SO not a report just curious as to how it went for people that had their own access. I would suppose that Anglers all was supposed to be closed to charging people to net, and behind Americinn but I guess that would be their own business.
|@ the lake|
FYI, they don't want anyone up there that is not from the area. Docks, beaches, etc. are all closed.
Smelt Season, 2020
Smelt Report, April 2, 2020
Updated City Of Ashland Smelting Policy, in cooperation with the Ashland County Health Department and Bad River Tribal Health:
• The Gov. Tony Evers Safer at Home Order #12 will be enforced.
Due to Covid-19;
* Ashland County is under travel advisory.
* Out of town travelers are directed to stay home and abide by the Ashland County Health Department Travel Advisory.
* The City of Ashland Wisconsin is closing all city beaches, docks and piers now through May 5th.
* There will be NO smelting at Ashland City public beaches, docks or piers now through May 5th.
Questions or comments, please call the Parks and Recreation office at 715-682-7059 or message on the city of Ashland’s Facebook.
Be Safe…Be Healthy
Stay at home and stay safe. Don't even post a report good bad or otherwise.
Looking to head up on Wednesday for smelt. A couple of retired military just looking to get some smelt. If anyone able to help guide in the right area would be much appreciated. Please pm.
I'm pretty sure its legal to sell smelt. But not ordinary game fish.
Selling fish not a good idea
It sounds like the smelt started running. If anyone is going up to try and is successful and want to sell some please message me and I can meet you as you head south. I'm near Hayward so I can go east or west pretty easily.
Plenty of them Saturday night
What is the status of the run?
Is the ice going out? Any thoughts on run timing? Never been up there, and anxious to see it! Thanks in advance