Engineering a Legend
Legend Tournament Bass rods that are lighter, stronger, and poised to elevate the bass-fishing experience further with improved balance, performance, and capability in any technique or presentation.
Unveiled this week at the 2022 Bassmaster Classic, these 24 all-new Legend Tournament Bass casting and spinning rods will be available to anglers at stcroixrods.com and at St. Croix dealers worldwide beginning March 25.
Despite the all the improvements, some things will stay the same: new Legend Tournament Bass rods remain handcrafted in Park Falls, Wisconsin, USA with a 15-year transferrable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service. They also retain their iconic Tournament Blue Pearl color.Legend Tournament Bass Features
- Next-generation hybrid CARBON FIBER SCIV+ blanks
- Technique-specific iACT SCIV+ and linear S-Glass hybrid blanks on specific models
- Fortified Resin System (FRS) technology
- Advanced Reinforcing TechnologyTM (ARTTM)
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC®) mandrel technology
- Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) blank design
- Fuji® K-Series tangle-free guides with Alconite® rings
- Fuji® SK2 reel seat on casting models with ergonomic complimenting componentry
- Fuji® VSS real seat on spinning models with extended foregrip
- Precision machined aluminum reel seat nuts and wind checks on spinning and casting models
- Split-grip, super-grade cork handles customized per model
- Full-grip super grade cork handles on select models
- Model specific hook keepers selectively placed per technique
- Single coat sealer on blank with slow cure finish
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish on guides
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, U.S.A. for bass anglers worldwide
- Retail price $290 to $345
- JERKBAITS / LBTC68MXF - 6'8", medium power, extra-fast action / Retail $295
- ALL-IN / LBTC71MHF - 7'1", medium-heavy power, fast action / Retail $300
- FINESSE CARBON CRANKER / LBTC72MHMF - 7'2", medium-heavy power, moderate-fast action / Retail $315
- CARBON CRANKER / LBTC72MHM - 7'2", medium-heavy power, moderate action / Retail $315
- FINESSE GLASS CRANKER (iACT) / LBTC72MM - 7'2", medium power, moderate action / Retail $315
- RIP-N-CHATTER / LBTC72HM (iACT) - 7'2", heavy power, moderate action / Retail $315
- POWER FINESSE / LBTC73HXF - 7'3", heavy power, extra-fast action / Retail $320
- WORKHORSE / LBTC73MHF - 7'3", medium-heavy power, fast action / Retail $320
- FLIP-CHAT-CRANK / LBTC73HMF - 7'3", heavy power, moderate-fast action / Retail $320
- SLOP-N-FROG / LBTC74HF - 7'4", heavy power, fast action / Retail $325
- POWER GLASS CRANKER / LBTC74MHM (iACT) - 7'4", medium-heavy power, moderate action / Retail $325
- WARHORSE / LBTC75MHF - 7'5", medium-heavy power, fast action / Retail $330
- FLIP'N / LBTC76HMF - 7'6", heavy power, moderate-fast action / Retail $335
- BIG CRANKER / LBTC710HM - 7'10", heavy power, moderate action / Retail $345
- MAG CRANKER / LBTC710XHM - 7'10", extra-heavy power, moderate action / Retail $345
- POWER FLIP'N / LBTC711HMF - 7'11", heavy power, moderate-fast action / Retail $340
- PINPOINT / LBTS68MXF - 6'8", medium power, extra-fast action / Retail $290
- DROPSHOT FINESSE / LBTS610MLXF - 6'10", medium-light power, extra-fast action / Retail $290
- VERSATILE / LBTS71MF - 7'1", medium power, fast action / Retail $300
- POWER VERSATILE / LBTS73MHF - 7'3", medium-heavy power, fast action / Retail $300
- DROPSHOT FINESSE XL / LBTS73MLXF- 7'3", medium-light power, extra-fast action / Retail $300
- POWER FINESSE / LBTS73MXF - 7'3", medium power, extra-fast action / Retail $300
- HAIR JIG / LBTS710MLXF - 7'10", medium-light power, extra-fast action / Retail $335
- SWIMMING BAITS / LBTS710MMF - 7'10", medium power, moderate-fast action / Retail $335
A Look Behind the Park Falls Curtain"Recent launches of Croix Custom Ice, Legend Xtreme, Victory, Panfish and other series have proven the performance advantages that can be attained using hybrid blank designs," says St. Croix Brand Manager, Ryan Teach. "We're building rods for anglers today that are markedly lighter, stronger and better balanced than previous models, and these hybrid designs are also allowing us to dial in specific models within each series to possess the unique performance characteristics that allow them to excel in their intended applications. In other words, rods within the same series may look the same, but each individual blank contains a different and distinct combination of materials. In the case of these new Legend Tournament Bass rods, those materials are high modulus SCIV carbon, super-high modulus SCVI exotic carbon, and in the case of some of the reaction-bait models, linear S-Glass. The specific and proprietary percentages, locations, and combinations are based on exhaustive research and testing for each length, power, and action."
While every new Legend Tournament Bass rod is special and distinct, St. Croix Engineering Supervisor, Gavin Falk, says the three iACT Glass models - specifically engineered for hardbait applications like crankbaits and chatterbaits - represent an even greater technological achievement for anglers. "These rods introduce a third material - our linear S-Glass - to the hybrid SCIV+ blank to produce rods with the softer actions reaction presentations demand. We call the combination iACT Glass. It stands for Internally Active, and it allows us to deliver those slower, parabolic actions while maintaining peak sensitivity in a blank that's significantly smaller in diameter and lighter than a pure glass cranking rod," Falk says. "Our anglers have asked for this and we're always listening, not being reactive but addressing ideas and opportunities as they come forward."
In addition to their distinct hybrid blank designs, new Legend Tournament Bass rods also feature all of St. Croix's top technologies including IPC, ART, FRS, and TET. When combined with IPC (Integrated Poly Curve) mandrel technology, St. Croix's new SCIV+ material has been lauded by rod engineers and beta-test anglers for its ability to transmit energy. IPC removes hinge points during the layup process for smoother actions, and ART (Advanced Reinforcing Technology) reinforces key transition areas. "Extremely lightweight, sensitive rods are worthless without durability," says Teach. "ART and FRS (Fortified Resin System) combine to guard against rod failure in every new Legend Tournament Bass model, which is something that's been proven on our Dynamic Analyzer and confirmed on the water by our test staff."
Teach says months of testing have gone into every single length, power and action offered in the all-new Legend Tournament Bass Series. "All went through multiple design and construction iterations and were repeatedly refined before our anglers and product team were completely satisfied," reveals Teach, adding that anglers may notice the biggest difference in medium-to-heavy power LTB models. "All of these new rods are exceptionally balanced. In the heavier-power rods, we use a greater percentage of SCVI material and less SCIV to minimize tip weight and rod torque. All models have been sensitivity tested on our SC Dynamic Analyzer, which helped us determine precise placement and quantities of the SCVI material on each model."
Like the rods? You'll love our apparel. Shop now!