Angler Input and World-Class Technology Drive Growth of Technique-Specific Croix Custom Ice (CCI) Rod Series for 2021
Park Falls, WI - Launched in 2018 and expanded in 2019, the technology-laden made-in-the-USA Croix Custom Ice series is back for 2020 with three all-new models to meet the needs of the most discriminating ice anglers. Headlined by the EYE RAISER - a 38" medium power, extra-fast action rod (CI38MXF) with advanced tubular carbon / glass (TCG) construction - the expanded series also includes a new 32" light, extra-fast PAN DANCER (CI32LXF) model and a 30" medium, extra-fast HOUSE ROD (CI30MXF) model. Handcrafted in Park Falls, Wisconsin, the expanded Croix Custom Ice Series now offers anglers 16 technique-specific models featuring unrivaled technology for hyper performance in any hardwater pursuit.
The Croix Custom Ice line features carefully engineered rod blanks as diverse as the specialized techniques they serve, including rods of solid carbon (SC), solid glass (SG), tubular carbon (TC), tubular carbon and glass (TCG), as well as tubular carbon fused to glass (TCFG) through a unique, proprietary manufacturing process. St. Croix's Director of Manufacturing and Engineering, Jason Brunner, comments, "St. Croix is known for making true, extra-fast rod blanks while keeping them durable and light, which is something a lot of companies can't do. We have the design experience and manufacturing resources, tools and equipment to pull it off. We've done lightweight, extra-fast models in our longer, one-piece rods for several years now, and for the past two seasons, we've been applying the same technologies to the extra-fast models in our CCI ice rods. Our pros have been blown away by how well the new extra-fast EYE RAISER, HOUSE ROD and PAN DANCER rods perform."
St. Croix Pro, Joel Nelson, expounds on Roach's remarks concerning the new CCI EYE RAISER model. "For big fish, increased rod length becomes a real benefit, and the new CCI 38" EYE RAISER recognizes this. The reel seat is a great addition for a full size walleye rod. This 38" medium, extra-fast model is light enough in the tip to handle 1/8-oz. spoons and can easily move up from there. It's an exceptional choice for #5 Jigging Raps. A lot of anglers are going to flock to this new EYE RAISER."
Nelson agrees. "Control is everything in so many panfish presentations," he says, especially with small spoons. The new PAN DANCER delivers so much control, you can even fish this rod standing up… even in in a moderate wind. It's a beautiful rod that's a joy to fish with."
Indeed, each Croix Custom Ice rod is uniquely designed and engineered to exceed the expectations of the most demanding ice anglers.
NEW St. Croix CCI Models
- CI30MXF HOUSE ROD, 30", medium power, extra-fast action spinning, Tubular Carbon Glass (TCG) construction / Retail $140
- CI32LXF PAN DANCER, 32", light power, extra-fast action spinning, Solid Glass (SG) construction / Retail $140
- CI38MXF EYE RAISER, 38", medium power, extra-fast action spinning, Tubular Carbon Glass (TCG) construction / Retail $150
- Proprietary blank technology built into each model for extreme performance, including Solid Carbon (SC material), Solid Glass (SG material), Tubular Carbon (TC material), Tubular Carbon / Tubular linear S Glass (TCG material), and Tubular Carbon Fused to Tubular linear S Glass (TCFG material)
- 16 technique-specific models feature unrivaled technology and performance
- REC Recoil guides with black pearl finish
- Split-grip or full grip / super-grade cork handle
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish
- 5-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, U.S.A.
- Retail price $130 to $160