11 Can't-Miss Father's Day Gift Ideas From Rapala
This year, why not give Dad what he really wants: cool stuff for fishing!
If you have a Dad who likes fishing even just a little bit, you can never go wrong giving him fishing lures and gear. That’s been scientifically proven, too. It has something to do with this little node in the brain and the innate desire to hold up a big fish and to tell stories about how he caught the big one.
To help you put a smile on his face, here are 11 proven, can’t-miss gift ideas (recommended by a Dad himself) to consider giving Dad this coming Father’s Day
1. Rapala® RAIN SuitsKeep Dad dry with the new Rapala® Rain Jacket and Bib Series (Rapala RAIN and Rapala RAIN Pro jacket-and-bib combos), which repel precipitation while allowing moisture and vapor to escape. Available in seven sizes, from XS to 3XL, the Rapala RAIN Suits feature sealed seams, premium YKK zippers and reflective Rapala logos. Rapala RAIN suits feature two-layer, mid-weight-fabric construction (5,000 mm), comprising 100-percent polyester Oxford and 100-percent polyester Honey Taslan shells and a 100-percent polyester mesh lining.
Providing maximum protection, durability and comfort, Rapala RAIN Pro suits feature 3-layer, heavy-duty construction (8,000 mm) – an outer layer of DWR-treated fabric, a mid-layer of breathable membrane and an inner layer of polyurethane. Rapala RAIN Pro shells comprise 100-percent nylon Honey Taslan and 100-percent nylon Ripstop Taslan. The latter strengthens the fabric and prevents tears.
2. Rapala® Balsa LuresThe Original Floating® Rapala® is the all-time, best-selling fishing lure in the world. If you’re Dad doesn’t have one of these in his tackle box, you absolutely need to get one for him. What’s it’s secret? Balsa. In addition to the Original Floating® Rapala, the Shad Rap®, the Fat Rap®, the Jointed® Floating Rapala, the Countdown® Rapala, the new OG Slim™ 6, and many Rapala lures are made with balsa, which gives Rapala lures this very unique, wobbling action that resembles the real-life action of a wounded baitfish. It’s no wonder that more world-record fish have been caught on a Rapala than any other fishing lure in the world. And because every Rapala is hand-tuned and tank-tested, your Dad can be assured that when he takes a Rapala out of the box, it’s ready to fish.
3. Sufix® ProMix® Braid Fishing LineIf your Dad tells a lot of those “The Big One Got Away” stories, put him on new Sufix ProMix™ fishing line so he can’t come up with any more excuses. With input from Rapala’s top fishing pros, Sufix® has developed a premium braided fishing line that will long retain its color without costing too much green.
New Sufix ProMix® Braid combines all the benefits of premium braid with ultra-longevity, buoyancy and an innovative colorfast technology. A densely braided, but thin line made with HMPE fibers and a high weave-count, Sufix® ProMix™ provides consistent quality, superior knot and shock strength and increased abrasion resistance and line performance. Its low-stretch qualities provide exceptional lure control, ultimate bite detection and firm hook-setting power. An innovative color-injection process ensures the line will retain its low-vis green color two times longer than other braids.
4. Rapala® R12 Heavy-Duty Lithium Fillet Knife ComboReady for shore lunch? After you and Dad come back with the catch, make sure he fillets them to perfection with the new Rapala R12 Electric Fillet Knife. Featuring twice the speed and three times the torque of other cordless fillet knives, Rapala’s new R12 Heavy-Duty Lithium Fillet Knife Combo will provide 80 minutes of continuous runtime. Lithium Ion batteries give the Rapala R12 Heavy-Duty Fillet Knife a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow-down as battery power wanes. A power gauge keeps you apprised of remaining battery power.
The Rapala R12 Heavy-Duty Fillet Knife comes with two sizes of stainless-steel PTFE-coated non-stick blades (6-inch and 7.5-inch), a 2-amp rapid-charging base and two 2 Ah Lithium ION battery packs.
5. Rapala® Elite PliersIf Dad is a tool-kind-of-guy, you won’t go wrong with the best fishing pliers ever made. The new 7-inch Rapala® Elite Pliers are armed by Cerakote®, a high performance, lightweight coating that protects against abrasion, corrosion & UV rays. “Mag Spring” keeps jaws open and ready, flip the switch and the “Mag Lock” tightly secures its jaws for safe storage. Hybrid jaws have interlocking front teeth that insures a lock-tight clasp on hooks. Flat area in back is built for gripping line and leaders and the Carbide cutters are replaceable and will cut all braid, monofilament, fluorocarbon line along with light wire up to 15lbs.
6. Terminator® Pro Series SpinnerbaitsIf Dad loves bass fishing, put him on the big ones with pro inspired Terminator Pro Series Spinnerbaits. Featuring a streamline design, an amplified vibration, Terminator Pro Series Spinnerbaits are built with high-grade 17-7 stainless steel – offering everything serious bass anglers look for in a spinnerbait. Not only are Terminator’s new Pro Series Spinnerbaits available with multiple forage-matching skirt color patterns, it comes with several different blade colors and shape combinations. Terminator Pro Series Spinnerbaits come in two sizes, 3/8-oz. and ½ oz. They are available in eleven head-and-skirt color patterns: Chartreuse and White Shad, Hot Olive, Shad Spawn, Retro Gill, Green Gizzard, Dirty Chartreuse Shad, Sunny, Silver Shiner, Pink, Pale Gold Shiner and Nashville Sexy.
7. Storm® Largo ShadWant to give Dad a secret edge? Swimming with a slow body roll and an exaggerated tail swing, the Storm Largo Shad features boot-tails that produce strike-inducing action on both the retrieve and during free fall. Featuring a great shimmy and thump right out of the package, they can be customized by cutting or removing a unique tail tendon for a wider action. Storm Largo Shad bodies, made from premium phthalate-free plastic, feature two- and three-color injection molding. They have a solid head and strategically placed belly and back grooves for easy, weedless rigging.
Storm Largo Shad soft-baits are available in two sizes (3-inch and 4-inch) and 16 color patterns: Arkansas GLOW, Albino Shad, Electric Chicken, French Pearl, Gizzard Shad, Houdini, Live Bluegill, Limetreuse, Live Minnow, Live River Shad, Live Threadfin Shad, Live Yellow Perch, Pro Blue Red Pearl, Pearl, Sexy Shad and Tennessee Shad. For best results, rig them on a VMC® jig head, VMC® heavy duty swimbait hook or VMC® Tokyo Rig.