SHARE THIS PAGE
Lake Butte des Morts is a 8581 acre lake located in Winnebago County. It has a maximum depth of 9 feet. Visitors have access to the lake from public boat landings. Fish include Musky, Panfish, Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, Northern Pike, Walleye, Sturgeon and Catfish. The lake's water clarity is low.
NOTE: This list may not be all inclusive of all speices present in Lake Butte des Morts.
TOPO MAP FOR MEMBERS
- Bag limits are for fish caught in all lakes in the WINNEBAGO CHAIN including CINCOE LAKE, LAKE POYGAN, LAKE WINNEBAGO, LAKE WINNECONNE, PARTRIDGE CROP LAKE, PARTRIDGE LAKE
- Catch and release fishing for largemouth and smallmouth bass is open year round unless otherwise noted.
- Motor Trolling is allowed with up to 3 hooks, baits, or lures, per angler.
- Open all year for all species except muskellunge, northern pike, flathead catfish and lake sturgeon.
- Curly-Leaf Pondweed
- Eurasian Water-Milfoil
- Faucet Snail
- Flowering Rush
- Narrow-leaf cattail (Typha angustifolia)
- Phragmites (non-native)
- Purple Loosestrife
- Rusty Crayfish
- Viral Hemorrhagic Septicemia
- Zebra Mussel
Recreational activities such as recreational boating, angling, waterfowl hunting, and diving may spread aquatic invasive species. Some aquatic invasive species can attach to boats, while others can become tangled on propellers, anchor lines, or boat trailers. Many species can survive in bilge water, ballast tanks, and motors or may hide in dirt or sand that clings to nets, buckets, anchors, and waders. Fortunately, completing simple steps can prevent the transport of aquatic invasive species.
NOTICE: Lake-Link Inc assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions of the information for Lake Butte des Morts. Although we strive to provide the most accurate information as we can the information contained in this page is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness.