LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Women & Fishing

I am a woman who loves to fish. How about you?

3/13/23 @ 10:58 AM
INITIAL POST
puddle-jumper
PRO MEMBER User since 3/27/14

Hey ladies, I'm a member of a ladies fishing group and a fishing guide on the bay. I personally prefer catch and release, but I will keep a few fish for dinner once in a while. I focus on walleye and musky but love fishing for bass and perch as well. Iam not a fan of winter so I am trying to patiently wait for the weather to cooperate. I have only been on the river 3 times this year and I am hoping to get out a few days this week before more crap moves in for the weekend. Last year was similar and I missed the best part of the walleye run, it won't happen this year. I'm not missing it again! I don't mind fishing in nasty weather but I am not a fan of salt on the roads, freezing eyelets, and big winds. I don't need a dock to load and unload, i do fine with my 22' ranger and I often fish alone. But....A little break in the weather would be nice! You will often find me fishing alone but I love to fish with my husband, my brother and his friends, and my lady fishing friends. My husband and I are looking forward to doing tournaments too.  If you see me in the water, wave and say "Hi"! I’d love to meet you!

So that's about me. What about you? I would love to hear where you are from and your favorite species to fish!

I am a woman who loves to fish.  How about you? photo by puddle-jumper
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
4/26/23 @ 3:36 PM
lovestofishnhunt
PRO MEMBER User since 6/13/06
puddle-jumper

Very nice catch.  My wife loves to fish as well.  Actually looking for a new boat.  Good luck to you this season!
3/31/23 @ 5:05 AM
puddle-jumper
PRO MEMBER User since 3/27/14
Had a few great days on the river with friends.  Big girls are showing up and there are lots of fish to be caught.  The weather has been less than cooperative but it’s March and we live in Wisconsin, so it is what it is.  I’m not one who fishes in blizzards but I will take on some weather, otherwise i would miss the run!  Productivity, for me, has come on jigs and shiners, not minnows.  Some production on rippin raps and blades, but sometimes they just want the simple stuff.  Hopefully next week’s forecast is inaccurate and the winds won’t be as predicted.  I hope you get the chance to get out, there’s nothing like that spring walleye bite!  Here are a few pictures from the past week.  See you on the water!
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE