Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

More JS Paul Smith Drivel

2/1/18 @ 3:55 PM
ORIGINAL POST
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05

More JS Paul Smith Drivel: https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/columnists/paul-smith/2018/01/31/smith-its-time-pay-hunters-killing-cwd-positive-deer-wisconsin-cash-incentive-program-combat-cwd-wis/1079938001/

This guy needs to find a new job.  This, in another long laundry list of stupid ideas and viewpoints he gets paid to produce.  Basically puts a bounty on deer, which will not reduce CWD prevalence.  How about investing that $10,000,000 in prion research instead?  Actually may make progress towards a real fix.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 37 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/22/20 @ 1:44 PM
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

If you're ready worried bury some in PVC  pipe somewhere. 

1/22/20 @ 9:51 AM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
User since 3/26/15

I get a kick out of the “they’re going to take our guns” crowd. 

1/5/20 @ 11:01 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
User since 7/9/12

No, of course not!!!

1/5/20 @ 9:30 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

Snake.... Are you saying it's a big conssssssssspiracy?

1/4/20 @ 5:18 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
User since 7/9/12

Sounds like this guy is a little extreme. Doesn’t surprise me a bit coming from a news organization. It’s all part of the big plan!! 

1/3/20 @ 4:45 PM
LittleLuck
User since 2/16/17

I have been working with the dnr for around 30 years. Trying to get anything done with them is like giving birth.  The vast majority of their people have little common sense or problem solving ability or critical thinking skills. Last I checked it doesn't matter who the governor is in this state the dnr has failed in many areas of wildlife and fisheries management for the last 20 years or more. Was the governor calling the shots on these issues.  No it was the so called experts with the dnr. It is their job their profession. Oh also there is absolutely no doubt which way the vast majority of dnr people lean politically.  I have heard it straight from them and it is obvious when you talk to them. There are also a bunch of them in the dnr that are anti hunting.  When I mention that I am a deer hunter, duck hunter, pheasant hunter you should see the looks I get and comments. I wouldn't doubt that some of these antis have some influence on the wildlife and fisheries managers in the dnr.

1/3/20 @ 4:26 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

That's a good point littleluck. I could see that happening.

1/3/20 @ 4:24 PM
Doug Stange's Evil Twin
User since 9/25/15

Drahts-

If your read my analysis leads you to conclude that I am a communist, then you must be a fascist.

I doubt that is true, just applying your rules of engagement.

1/3/20 @ 4:15 PM
LittleLuck
User since 2/16/17

The cwd bounty is the most moronic plan I have ever heard of. Really? Encourage people to shoot deer for money.  Give me a break. Again shoot healthy deer cause they may get cwd. Last I checked cwd positive deer don't have an orange target on them that says shoot me and you will get $1,000. It will encourage guys to keep pulling the trigger to simply kill and not necessarily need. Kill a deer, darn it isnt cwd positive.  Let's go keep killing more until I get a positive and $1,000. Idiotic. I believe a former veterinarian had something to do with the plan. Maybe he has a vested interest in a cwd testing lab? Definitely one way to get a boat load of cwd samples. Bounty money would be much more wisely spent on a bounty for coyotes that no one hunts or traps anymore.  They are definitely having an effect on deer populations in many areas way more than cwd is currently and ever will.

1/3/20 @ 1:51 PM
redhook
User since 12/25/09

Granted Paul Smith is no Jay Reed but he writes for a paper that used to support sportsmen, I say used to because I am old enough to remember the real sports show that has turned into the seven mile fair. If to don't think the anti-gun groups are after all guns you have obviously partaken of the cool aid , just look at the confiscations that have taken place around the world, it starts out just like smoking in public did. Once the camel gets its nose in the tent the rest follows, just register your guns then we make one style illegal then one more then one more and so on, Just look at who wants to change the constitution all the time. The tax you to death to support their voter base with free stuff crowd, remember the lie they always tell us its government funded except its really taxpayer funded they forget about who really pays the bills in this country. To blame one party more than the other for what we see as injustices is just tribalism, just look at what is happening in Washington, its like two kids fighting over a toy.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 37 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.