Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

how to attract deer without baiting?

7/27/14 @ 9:38 PM
ORIGNAL POST
outdoorbradley
User since 5/19/13
Hey i been hunting for years up north, which it is allowed to bait. but i found a other property to hunt during between times close to home, which is at southeast of Wisconsin, that mean it not allowed to bait. so i wonder if there any tips i could get to attach deer? i plan to start early, around opening of bow season, which it will be unlikely rut starting till later so doe pee and things like that might not work by then. any one have any tips that you willing to share? i open for bucks or does, it don't matters to me. it is a farmland, but no crops being grown this year so basically it is empty land- but it is next of a small forest which hold some deer. if it helps.

thank you!

Bradley

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 12 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/26/16 @ 11:27 AM
BrianWI_
BrianWI_
User since 6/19/09

Using an oil based scent can work. If you leave it behind, I think the limit is 2 oz though.

I recommend Lucky 7 - Whitetail Miracle.

9/17/16 @ 8:20 PM
Bassin Oshvegas
User since 3/25/07

Plant some apple trees.. fence them off so they can't be eaten and in a few years you should get some deer in. 

9/17/16 @ 10:29 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Look for your food where your food looks for it's food.

9/16/16 @ 4:26 PM
BrianWI_
BrianWI_
User since 6/19/09

Here for the year!

9/28/15 @ 1:23 PM
BrianWI_
BrianWI_
User since 6/19/09
Doe urine works as early as late September, but get fresh stuff, not year old stale pee in a bottle.

Try http://store.nelsoncreekoutdoors.com

9/19/15 @ 10:02 AM
chuckc
User since 3/21/14
Not sure about attracting. . . but it seems every time I drop trou to answer the call of nature, a dang deer comes in. Maybe that is what needs to be done ! Imagine all the bow hunters out there like that ! Chuck Wink

9/11/15 @ 12:25 PM
musky1011
User since 7/4/05
Decoys

10/1/14 @ 3:29 PM
ctwrench
User since 9/18/11
Find a natural funnel . Maybe it's just a change of foliage, maybe a fenceline, a ridge or saddle. I find the best stand spots by hunting an area and watching where they are traveling the most and move the stand closer while keeping in mind the wind and finding the best way in and out . The bigger bucks in my area are put on alert and associate bait piles with humans. They might come in but not till late at night. Hope that helps. Charlie

9/28/14 @ 2:46 PM
Fresh Air
User since 1/21/12
Not sure if the land your hunting is yours or not, but one thing to increase your chances would be to change up the habitat a bit. maybe do some tree planting or food plotting, obviously this is a long term fix. I really don't understand why hunters have gotten so dependent upon baiting. I can understand maybe in the large tracts of forest in Northern WI, but I think it would do the hunter well to learn the whitetails behavior and spend more time scouting. Most of us are time limited to do this but even at home there can be much knowledge to be gained. I guarantee you that your success will bring you much more satisfaction than killing a deer over a bait pile. Good hunting all!

7/30/14 @ 12:43 PM
outdoorbradley
User since 5/19/13
actually i did spend some time looking for tracks, i did find some but they really scattered around. one there and other there, no specific or so trails.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 12 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.