Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bear bait

8/9/16 @ 5:51 PM
ORIGNAL POST
wackemandstackem
User since 3/23/14

I have my first bear hunt coming up in a month was wondering what different people like using for bait or some concoctions people use. Gl this year.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/10/16 @ 7:34 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
User since 8/11/10

Might want check with Steve White on the other big game forum I think they can run dogs until Aug.31 which will leave you 1 week.

8/10/16 @ 7:25 PM
wackemandstackem
User since 3/23/14

Thanks lakeshiner. I am pretty sure i'm away from the crowd. Was going to wait a couple weeks to start baiting. They can train bear dogs where I hunt and want to wait till they are done. Found some bear sign and pits are in.

8/10/16 @ 2:20 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Its my first year.  I got cookies and granola that I have been mixing with either strawberries or peaches.  Also using bread and grease. Some bread places sell the outdated stuff as animal feed, really cheap that way. 

One thing I will say is that if you are not baiting yet and going on public land, walk around.  Don't just go in one spot and drop your bait, check if other guys are nearby.  I backed out of 2 spots because others were already there.  Some guys have been baiting for quite a while already. 

8/10/16 @ 1:29 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
User since 8/11/10

I have been using 5 gals of tortilla with sweet topping and working great, then another 5 gals of mixed sweet like cookies, ho ho's, gummy bears and gummy worms.

So far so good but now the berries are turn so...............we'll see 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 5 OF 5 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.