Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wolf sighting site

2/14/11 @ 10:59 AM
ORIGINAL POST
meestalubba
User since 1/5/10
oh gosh what a relief this must mean there aren't any wolves in wisconsin! phew!

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 244 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/25/20 @ 5:22 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

Brent,  come on up to Presque Isle, I see 5 or 6 a year. They said 300, so let’s kill 1000 and recount.

10/25/20 @ 5:15 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

He discharged his firearm which scared them away. 

Also, as mentioned in my original post, I never said it was common, just said it does happen from time to time, as noted by the article that I linked to...

I’ve been in the woods in Vilas since I was 12, and I’ve never had a negative experience either.

Just supporting Snakester’s post that on rare occasions crazy stuff happens...

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
10/25/20 @ 3:56 PM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
User since 3/31/15

There's Eddie's son Wolfie Wolfgang Van Halen...

10/25/20 @ 3:50 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

Brent,  So does that mean now there only one woof.

10/25/20 @ 3:36 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

We have had wolves off and on at our place for 20 years.  During that time, I hunt and fish and we have never had a problem with them.

10/25/20 @ 1:16 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I don’t know that I would say surrounded, but I did have a close buddy who was duckhunting with his pooch, and had a couple of them approach him, one from the back, and one from the side. 

Don’t know if they had their sights set on his pooch or what, but they didn’t back off until he fired his shotgun.  

I remember him telling me he was so glad he had a shotgun on him, as yelling at them did not scare them off.

I’m not saying it’s a common occurrence, but stuff like that does happen...

Recent Wolf Attacks...

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
10/25/20 @ 12:55 PM
Brother of the brush
User since 1/22/12

Mr, Natural, I know several people that were surrounded by woofs walking dogs out from a bear tree, I'm sure it happens in others as well.   Just because you don't see it on the news doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

10/24/20 @ 1:04 PM
yahay
User since 11/28/07

I am confident that we can all agree, that yes they need to be managed, unfortunately that is out of our control.  What we were told originally, like 300 plus on the landscape, OK, many of us agreed to that.  But now that they are totally unchecked, sorry lost my support.

My father was with me when I trapped this wolf in 2013.  He has a picture of us together that morning that he looks at all the time.  It was & will be one of my greatest memories of spending time with my father in the wild.  It's a real shame that others may never have this same opportunity.

10/24/20 @ 10:01 AM
Phat Walleyes
Phat Walleyes
User since 3/31/15

I think yote, the nose is small and narrow... A wolf would have a wider nose like a dog, and  yote like a fox...

Wolves have bigger heads and stocky legs... Yotes have smaller heads and much thinner legs too...

IMO

Here's a husky yote a few streets from my place...  

10/24/20 @ 6:31 AM
Patrick Thomas
User since 11/14/17

As I walked towards a stand, first weekend...i saw this buck staring over his shoulder.  Typical look when a buck knows another deer is following or when he hears an unusual sound.  His stare was different as he didn't move his head for over a minute than bolted.  I had my camera w/long lens so I looked behind the buck to try to find what he was looking at.  I've seen Coyotes many times and those I've seen were in the 40-60# range.  This one was at least 6 feet long and his head sure looked wolf-like.  I live in SE wisconsin & have never seen a wolf in the wild, plus the DNR swears none have made it down here.  So...im going to share a photo of the buck as he bolted away & the animal that had his whole attention.  Please solve the debate inside my head by sharing your expertise as to is this merely a large coyote or otherwise.  In my life I've never seen a coyote in the same place twice.  Not only did I see him a few days later in practically the same spot, it's unusual, at least for me...to see them with so much daylight left. Thanks for your feedback..

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 244 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.