Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wolf sighting site

2/14/11 @ 10:59 AM
ORIGINAL POST
meestalubba
USER SINCE 1/5/10
oh gosh what a relief this must mean there aren't any wolves in wisconsin! phew!

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 265 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/28/21 @ 12:08 PM
phishin phool
MEMBER SINCE 4/5/08

Carpio, Thanks...I think...  

9/28/21 @ 8:37 AM
Carpio
MEMBER SINCE 11/5/17

Your mind sounded just fine to me .    CARPIO 

9/28/21 @ 7:09 AM
phishin phool
MEMBER SINCE 4/5/08

Steve White, Thanks for the comment. You are certainly correct in your assessment...had i given it more thought...I'd not have made my entry...Sometimes old mind works without working...  

9/27/21 @ 10:38 PM
Steve White
USER SINCE 3/17/04

Phool,  There was really nothing to comment about on your post.  Nobody commented on mine either. With much more information. Im not upset. Nor, should you be.  Obviously more information on location would be nice. I understand not saying much. You could end up like me. Wardens crawling all over. Because the wolf lovers are sending anonymous letters to them. Because wasting or tax dollars is beneficial to those that dont pay taxes. In some way I guess. I see it as obstructing justice, and harassment. Chasing a $500 ticket is better than a slam dunk $200 one.  How government works. 

9/26/21 @ 5:34 PM
phishin phool
MEMBER SINCE 4/5/08

No comments on my post. Hummmm, I find that very interesting...Part of the reason I don't like to post/comment very often...

But, then again...why should I care???

9/26/21 @ 5:15 PM
Steve White
USER SINCE 3/17/04

No surprise to see this pop up. Or, to see several posting in my area.

Outfishn, that one you seen by aldrige rd. ( i own the property on east side of the corner)  Was either one of the 4 pups in that local pack. Or one of the 3 loners in the area. Although the pups are acting goofy right now.  Straying away from the adults. Exploring I guess.   Pack mostly in that area has 3 adults, and 4 pups.  Just east there is 4 adults, and 2 pups. just west is 4 adults, and 3 pups.  Plus the loners.  None of these are counted by the dnr.  Their paid tracker finds none. Didnt want my info.  More further north, and south.   

More often than not. I have more wolves on my bear baits. Than I do bears.  This is out of control. 

9/26/21 @ 1:51 PM
phishin phool
MEMBER SINCE 4/5/08

Earlier this year...I had young wolf on one of my trail cams. Called my neighbor and he told me..."it is the one that was kicked out of his pack". I chose not to post 'cause...well, just cause. The 4th one I have seen "around here"...

9/26/21 @ 6:54 AM
outfishin
USER SINCE 1/14/13

Ran to Rhinelander for work stuff for Monday and spotted another loner right at daylight at the end of Aldridge lake road. Damn near hit it crossing hwy 17 about 6:30am. I turned around to get a picture but just to dark yet and picture turned out like crap. Was a younger male I believe all by itself. 

9/25/21 @ 8:07 PM
outfishin
USER SINCE 1/14/13

I’ve seen somewheres right around 30 in the last year. Multiple different packs of 5, lots of singles and pairs (could’ve been more with those that didn’t see) and the largest pack in the last year was 7-8. That was near TNT speedway south of 3 lakes.  10-20 years ago it was rare to see 1. Considering the guesstimated wolf population of 1100 is basically spread out across 30 counties or so, let’s just say there’s 30-50 wolves per county. …. Anyone can do that math. I better consider buying a lottery ticket cuz I’m one lucky SOB. 

11/7/20 @ 2:25 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER SINCE 7/20/09

Saw a wolf yesterday while grouse hunting.  Came over a ridge and it was only 20 yards away.  It must have been sleeping, couldn’t believe I got that close.  It was a big boy and in no hurry to get away, just a slow casual trot so I got to watch him for a bit.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 265 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.