Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wolf sighting site

2/14/11 @ 10:59 AM
ORIGINAL POST
meestalubba
User since 1/5/10
oh gosh what a relief this must mean there aren't any wolves in wisconsin! phew!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 265 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/7/20 @ 2:25 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Saw a wolf yesterday while grouse hunting.  Came over a ridge and it was only 20 yards away.  It must have been sleeping, couldn’t believe I got that close.  It was a big boy and in no hurry to get away, just a slow casual trot so I got to watch him for a bit.

11/1/20 @ 2:23 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Yes it is LOL, that is what reminded me that I have not noticed a post from him in quite some time...

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
11/1/20 @ 11:20 AM
musky nut
musky nut
User since 7/20/12

Brent,

Isn’t that Poisons Avatar on public land hunters post? 

10/31/20 @ 12:05 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

That is a blast from the past, whatever happened to poison, have not seen a post from him in over a year.

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
10/31/20 @ 6:00 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
User since 7/9/12

One thing I didn’t add before was farmers and Ranchers, and just people who might have chickens (there’s a lot of them), should be able to protect their animals from predators. I love wolves, but if they’re killing my animals I must eliminate them. 

10/30/20 @ 8:38 PM
Publiclandhunter
Publiclandhunter
User since 8/31/11

Well folks, you left me no choice.  From the guy who brought "P" back from banned camp...   Reinforcements coming in hot to all you anti wolf psychos.  Any debate will be settled soon.

10/30/20 @ 8:16 PM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

Again, many of us were willing to accept what we were originally told, the goal was 300.  We took a half step forward to show we were OK with a few. But as the numbers grew well beyond 300, that raised some eyebrows. Once the wolves were managed, many thought "great", but when the management season was shut down in '13 or '14, 

BINGO this is where the betrayal started.  Good government involves input from multiple stakeholders and compromises ensue.  Shutting people out of the decision making process has been considered progress by certain few. 

10/30/20 @ 8:10 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Got out today near my cabin for the first time this year.  About 5 pm I had  2 wolves move through at 50 yards.  That will screw up your sit.  At least I thought I had deer coming for a brief moment.

10/30/20 @ 7:30 PM
yahay
User since 11/28/07

It will be interesting to see where this goes, or how it moves forward.  I strongly suspect, unfortunately, that politics will enter into this.

We can also expect lawsuits will soon be churning out & again, unfortunately we all know who will, and has benefited the most from this recourse.  

I've seen what wolves do to bear hounds and I watched the dog(s) owners cry when they get in & see what's left which is usually very very little. Imagine the horror a fawn or a calf, a doe or a cow, a buck or a bull, or any domesticated  animal must experience while being chased down, hamstringed & then basically eaten alive.  That's what I shed a tear over.

Again, many of us were willing to accept what we were originally told, the goal was 300.  We took a half step forward to show we were OK with a few. But as the numbers grew well beyond 300, that raised some eyebrows. Once the wolves were managed, many thought "great", but when the management season was shut down in '13 or '14, that's when people became a little pizzed.  

Many wonder how many are actually on the landscape, which is impossible to gauge but probably more than we really want to know. Said it before & I'll say it again, the courts decision to place wolves back on ESL, may have actually cost more wolves to have been "removed" than a legal management season.

State is ready to go, they have a plan in place, there just waiting to implement it. Gonna be interesting to follow that issue.  IMHO, common sense tells us we need to manage these predators.  Again just lookin for balance. 

10/30/20 @ 6:02 PM
Plmlk
Brent Hess
MEMBER since 12/18/07

I think PLH’s post may have a bit of sarcasm, hard to tell though,

Kind of reminds me of this...

The Woodlands Resort
(262) 661-3968
DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 265 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.