MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin NRB & DNR, Not Political, TRUST ME!!!!!!

9/10/21 @ 8:07 AM
ORIGINAL POST
oldhunter
USER SINCE 2/28/13
DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 129 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/5/22 @ 1:33 AM
trouter
trouter
USER SINCE 7/3/01

I also have no political affiliation.  

Sharon Adams reminds me of Julie Anderson.   

10/4/22 @ 5:39 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
USER SINCE 9/16/11

Remember when Jim Doyle raided the WI DNR habitat stamp funds and attempted to shift that money into the general fund to expand social programs? Wasn't that fun? I really don't care what a persons party affiliation is, just that they do what's best for sportsmen. It's blatantly obvious who those are in the current situation, and for those of you asking, no, it's not Sharon Adams.

10/4/22 @ 2:34 PM
trouter
trouter
USER SINCE 7/3/01

Things swing left and right.  Until they do not.

In the case of the NRB, the GOP refuses to let the pendulum swing at at.   For the GOP, it is better to have a broken, disfunctional NRB than to have one with DNC majority.

I cannot remember the DNC using the same tactic.   Feel free to document if they did.

Placing party above country is, in my mind, sedition.

10/4/22 @ 2:01 PM
robertwhite
USER SINCE 3/18/08

“So.....blah, blah, blah......complain, complain, complain....”

Yeeesh…… 

When the pendulum eventually swings to the left (and it will) and the Democrats do this exact thing (and they will) because precedent has been set, I wonder how many on here will let their memory remind them of how they supported this behavior.  Well, most won’t remember due to their constant complaining they will certainly be doing…..

Naas is a hunter (probably hunted longer than others on here).  She hunts deer.  If the Senate would meet to discuss her credentials (i.e do their jobs), they will support her and approve the appointment.  Mr. Prehn can go back home and enjoy more time in the woods pursuing deer hunting.  He can do that because deer hunting isn’t going to go away or get worse just because of Naas or West.  Good grief.

The distasteful behavior that is happening here is bigger than deer hunting. 

10/4/22 @ 10:37 AM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
USER SINCE 9/16/11

Just sit back and imagine the deer slaughter that would occur under a West - Naas controlled NRB. Let that sink-in a little bit.

Let your memory remind you about how West recently concocted and proposed a system where hunters would get paid cash money $ to kill deer.

Let your memory remind you about how Naas totally ignored the input of sportsmen and hunters while she was a higher-up CDAC member. She's also on record saying hunter's input on the deer herd is inconsequential. She believes in giving out liberal amounts of Northwoods doe tags even when faced with dwindling deer populations.  

So.....blah, blah, blah......complain, complain, complain.... The highest court in the state has confirmed that current law is being followed RE: the Prehn situation. Accept it. Wisconsin hunters are being supported and still have a voice under current NRB management.

10/3/22 @ 6:22 PM
trouter
trouter
USER SINCE 7/3/01

MY VIEW | PHIL HANDS

10/3/22 @ 2:36 PM
madforlabs
USER SINCE 12/20/12

Geez prj, chill out. I was agreeing with your originally posted sentiments and further stating that DNR is not Lilly white with their involvement in these political shenanigans.  If it's OK with you, I'll stand by that interpretation. 

10/3/22 @ 1:30 PM
robertwhite
USER SINCE 3/18/08

I find it maddening that elected public servants (i.e. State Senators) can flat out ignore their constituents by not doing their job.  They should have met months ago to resolve this and decide one way or the other.   

So what happens if Evers is re-elected?  This behavior by Prehn and the Senate continues into perpetuity???

10/3/22 @ 11:45 AM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
USER SINCE 9/16/11

Kind of scary to know that if you're serving the State of Wisconsin in a voluntary capacity you're subject to having your cell phone seized and having your personal communications scrutinized by over zealous political authorities who then release them to the general public. If someone wants to criticize partisanship this should be #1 front and center.  The fact that the supreme court has already ruled on the legality of the matter proves this point. Talk about ethics? Look no further.

10/3/22 @ 7:54 AM
prj
USER SINCE 6/19/01

While I agree that the DNR move to skip representation/staff at ONE meeting last fall was partisan retaliation, your position of equivalence is more than a bit strained.  

It feels similar to blaming a homeowner for shooting a burglar in a home invasion.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 129 POSTS
Advertise here
St. Croix's new Skandic Ice Series rods support precise presentations while offering extreme durability, custom looks, high-quality components, and angler-preferred ergonomics. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Skandic Ice Rods
Okuma's new Ceymar HD spinning reels are lightweight and feature-packed with a corrosion-resistant frame, side plate and rotor. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar HD Spinning Reel
Strikemaster has lightened the proven Lithium 40v for run & gun fishing by adding the Lite-Flite Lazerâ„¢ Drill Unit. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - Lithium 40V Lite
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.