LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Wisconsin NRB & DNR, Not Political, TRUST ME!!!!!!

9/10/21 @ 9:07 AM
Displaying 1 to 15 of 211 posts
12/20/23 @ 7:54 AM
Hunter&Hound
User since 7/24/01
Sounds like something trouser trout would say.
12/19/23 @ 1:42 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11
To paraphrase NRB member Robin Schmidt at the last NRB meeting:

The DNR has an opportunity to move away from old, white guys, and hunting, I look forward to the DNR continuing to pursue other avenues and hearing more about it.

​I tried to post the actual clip from the meeting here, but LL kept failing when I linked it. I encourage you to go watch the meeting and in particular this statement from Robin Schmidt ​​.
11/6/23 @ 9:39 AM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
Crex Meadows water issue article.

The DNR blames climate change for flooding and tainted water near the Crex Meadows Wildlife in northwestern Wisconsin. Neighbors fault the DNR. https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/local/wisconsin/2023/11/06/neighbors-of-crex-meadows-wildlife-haven-tussle-with-dnr-over-flooding/70770808007/

10/25/23 @ 9:24 AM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13
Adam Payne resigns as secretary.

Only ten months on the job, and stating family reasons for retirement.   Me thinks there is more to the story that is not being told.  
10/25/23 @ 5:13 AM
44/45
PRO MEMBER User since 3/9/11
Year's ago the DNR for the Northern Forrest had a said whitetail population goal of 19 deer per square mile. I believed that back in 1999-2000 before the big shoot off. The big joke was that they actually counted the deer. I do think that more accurate counting of deer could be done if registration was done by township instead of county.
10/24/23 @ 9:56 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07
Adam Payne resigns as secretary. 
10/24/23 @ 8:17 AM
prj
User since 6/19/01
Multiple of the Governor’s appointees to the Natural Resources Board openly indicated they would not comply with the laws of our state if confirmed.

Do we know what law multiple NRB appointees didn't intend to comply with?
10/24/23 @ 12:51 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01
DNR does not have population goals for any managed animal species.   

It does have a management goal for species that are recovering.   So there is a population goal for elk.   Once the elk population has recovered, I suspect the population goal will be obsolete and expire.

10/24/23 @ 12:48 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01
The members of the Sporting Heritage committee did not provide a statement explaining why the 4 nominees were voted down.  I know because I personally contacted each senator and asked for one.   None will be provided.

Senator LeMahieu issued a press release about senate confirmations.  
“The State Senate takes its responsibility to provide advice and consent seriously. No
appointee is considered on the floor without being invited to appear before a Senate
Committee to defend their candidiacy.
“The advice and consent process is largely a formality for appointees who are qualified and
follow the law. Since 2018, the Senate has confirmed 444 appointees and rejected only 10.
“The Governor’s appointment to the Wisconsin Elections Commission violated the law by
refusing to promptly and properly appoint an election administrator. Multiple of the
Governor’s appointees to the Natural Resources Board openly indicated they would not
comply with the laws of our state if confirmed.
“Wisconsinites will not stand for public servants who are unqualified or refuse to follow the
law,” LeMahieu concluded.

10/21/23 @ 5:38 PM
prj
User since 6/19/01
Does anyone know exactly why these 4 members were voted down by the Senate?
Can anyone cite a wildlife management plan that relies on maximum numbers for a species as the controlling factor?
10/20/23 @ 10:41 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11
OMG....am I Fred Prehn? ......No.
Now let's get back to an adult conversation for anyone else who has the ability to stay on discourse.
Trouter, who said women have become too prevalent on the NRB board? Looks like your going to have to answer for yourself I guess. Please let us know.
10/20/23 @ 10:23 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
I asked an honest question.  There is a difference in asking a question and calling someone a name.  A yes or no would suffice.  Stop your same old song and dance.  I can't answer your questions so that means I can't ask my own?
10/20/23 @ 10:08 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11
Really sad..... accuse me of "calling people names" and then do that exact thing with your only response to a host of questions. Pathetic.

If anyone can stay on discourse on the NRB topic and provide any information about who said too many women are on it, and when,....please respond.
10/20/23 @ 9:57 PM
Gillespie
User since 2/6/19
I've "observed" plenty on this and other topics.  Are you Frederick Prehn?
10/20/23 @ 9:42 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11
I've called no one a "name."  Just called things as they are. Now let's get back to topic... Who, when, where did any NRB member say a disparaging remark about women and their service on the NRB? Trouter said a former NRB member said too many women are on the board..... Who said that? I asked for ANY proof of that...even said without such proof just say who said it and when. 

Seems to me if you want to call out people for slinging accusations and calling people names like sexists and racists it's not me you should be highlighting. That's Trouter, I'm just asking for a little qualification on those thus far unsubstantiated claims. Quite frankly his claims are absolutely ridiculous.

If these topics and questions are too unsettling for you perhaps take a more observatory role.
Displaying 1 to 15 of 211 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE