MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin NRB & DNR, Not Political, TRUST ME!!!!!!

9/10/21 @ 9:07 AM
ORIGINAL POST
oldhunter
USER SINCE 2/28/13
DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 30 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/21/21 @ 9:37 AM
ere
USER SINCE 2/22/07

What Trouter said,

9/21/21 @ 7:10 AM
Paranoid Percher
USER SINCE 8/19/18

Any news from NBC is fake,phony and false

9/21/21 @ 6:34 AM
Swamp buck
USER SINCE 1/23/09

Where does she stand on a wolf hunt and wolf management? I'm going to guess she is against the wolf hunt. Remember when the DNR told us we had to shoot the hell out of the deer to manage them? But the wolf??? Not so much

9/20/21 @ 9:09 PM
jitterbug1962
USER SINCE 12/14/14

So much for bipartisan support on this issue.    

9/20/21 @ 8:52 PM
LittleLuck
USER SINCE 2/16/17

trouter,

read my post I said there is an anti hunting agenda in the dnr directed by the governor.  I made no reference to anyone on the board or Naas being anti hunter. 

9/20/21 @ 8:08 PM
trouter
trouter
USER SINCE 7/3/01

Sandy Naas is a hunter from northern Wisconsin.  In no way is she an anti hunter.

So it is mythology to say Dr. Prehn is being replaced by an anti hunter.

They are both hunters.

The issue is GOP control of the NRB.  It has nothing to do with natural resources or hunting heritage.  Hunting heritage is not at risk with Sandy Naas replacing Dr. Prehn.

9/20/21 @ 3:21 PM
robertwhite
USER SINCE 3/18/08

It doesn’t matter what Mr. Prehn thinks on what topic: be it wolves, deer, bear, or ducks.  PFAS or CWD.  Trophy hunting or meat hunting.  His time is up.  He served is term.  

It doesn’t matter if what he’s doing is legal.  It’s still wrong.  Period.   If the shoe was on the other foot, and this scenario was flipped from a Republican to a Democrat, many on here would be up in arms and screaming foul over this behavior.  You know you would.  Supporting it is wrong.  Adults acting as children and childish behavior are at the root of this mess.   Sad.

For simplicity sakes, it’s like shopping at Fleet Farm for hunting season.  You push that heavy shopping cart all the way across the parking lot and unload it.  Now what?   You have a choice: push it allllll the way back to a shopping cart corral or, just simply leave it.  You don’t have to bring it to a corral, but it’s the polite, decent, and RIGHT thing to do.  In fact, I’d say you can tell a whole lot about a person’s character……..

This is exactly what Mr. Prehn is doing: leaving his shopping cart randomly out in the parking lot, and then we’re all going to deal with the ramifications and the utter mess it is causing.  The DNR is just furthering the childish behavior.  Sad.

9/20/21 @ 2:45 PM
LittleLuck
USER SINCE 2/16/17

exactly swamp buck. There is definitely an anti-hunting agenda within DNR being handed down by the governor.  Why do you think DNR is managing for zero deer upnorth? So hunters quit because too many wolves for the ecosystem decimate remaining deer population.  What happens when the wolves start starving? Then  will have to reintroduce deer to feed them or farmers catttle and dogs will be their food

9/20/21 @ 1:48 PM
Swamp buck
USER SINCE 1/23/09

If you like wolf hunts and wolf management then you will like Prehn. If the DNR can have the wolves do the work of hunters then they won't need hunters. Why do you think they voted to release them in Colorado? Control the elk = Control the Hunter. I hope he stays as long as possible.

9/18/21 @ 4:30 PM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12

Never revel in the domination of disgusting politics even if its your favored side doing the out maneuvering. Its only a matter of time that vengeance is in full force. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 30 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.