LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Wisconsin DNR and the CDAC......failed system?

4/5/23 @ 12:46 PM
INITIAL POST
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11

Aren't the county CDAC's supposed to meet in early March to create/vote on "preliminary" harvest recommendations? Then in early/mid April the public gets to vote and provide input on those recommendations? That's the way I understand and remember it to be.

Why do I ask? Because the DNR is asking the public to start providing input on this in less than 72 hours (April 8th). Yet my county CDAC site has NO INFORMATION about any March CDAC meeting - no agenda, no minutes, no CDAC voting results, and no harvest recommendations !!!!

How in the heck am I supposed to provide input on a nonexistent preliminary plan!

The lager issue: Is this how is the DNR being run now? Seems like alienation of the public and a dismissive attitude towards outdoorsmen is becoming the norm.  Stuff like this is getting old. 

Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts
4/5/23 @ 2:00 PM
SpikeRoberts
User since 1/22/18
Yearly calendar here:
?https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/topic/Hunt/cdac???

I think the information is available here.
https://apps.dnr.wi.gov/deermetrics/LaunchPage.aspx

A video on how to use that page is here:
?Deer Metrics Website Tutorial???

4/5/23 @ 1:59 PM
Rattle em up
User since 4/19/21
I was hopeful that the CDAC would help give the hunters a voice but I see now its just another dog and pony show. They don't even follow their own schedule of how the process will be. I suppose we won't need to have any population goals for deer either. Just send them your money and their happy. 
4/5/23 @ 1:21 PM
cm1234
User since 8/3/12
Fin,
Unfortunately it doesn't matter if we the people have all the information available to or or not. It doesn't matter how we vote. The WDNR knows the sportsmen and women in this state are appalled at the way they choose to manage the deer herd, among many other things, they just simply do not care and will do what they want anyway. There is no law binding them to abide by the results of the voting, they are simply "feedback polls" they will do what they want either way. We as normal people have no chance to even run for a spot on the committees, look at the insane prerequisites to run for a seat, it's a joke. The WDNR does not care about us as hunters. As long as the money keeps rolling in, they will keep up the same $hit.
Displaying 16 to 23 of 23 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE