LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Will 2020 Hunter Safety classes be affected by COVID-19?

5/2/20 @ 4:21 PM
INITIAL POST
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09

My oldest daughter turns 12 this summer, and for a while we have been preparing for her to take the standard hunter's education class in our area this summer.   Does anybody know if classes are being changed, cancelled, or altered  in any way due to the current COVID situation??  I tried finding some info on the DNR website, and found about 20 cities in the state which I could sign up for online, but done were in our area.  Before I try to track down a local instructor and pepper them with questions, I was wondering if anybody here has any knowledge, either directly from the DNR or elsewhere?    Thanks!

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
8/10/20 @ 6:59 AM
Oalaskan
PRO MEMBER User since 10/2/14

Classes will definitely be impacted.

The DNR is responding by sending individuals or even teams of the state's instructors into areas of high need that are lacking in classes.

The delivery format often is two four and a half hour internet field day classes in one location. One morning, one afternoon.

This is helping, but people are still traveling to attend classes.

To find a class, go to the GoWild.wi.gov homepage, click student - enroll- hunter Ed field day- statewide. Some classes say enroll, some don't. Those that don't aren't necessarily full - those instructors might have openings, but they don't allow self enrollment.

I've been setting up some IFDs in La Crosse County, the demand has been heavy. I hope to set up another day of classes in September.

Any questions, please pm me.

Mike

7/10/20 @ 1:01 AM
mudbucket
PRO MEMBER User since 12/21/04

Our group is trying to line up courses starting early August. Hopefully. Washington County area. Some new guidelines of course..

5/7/20 @ 8:03 AM
Dave1234
User since 9/8/09

Classes have been canceled for the spring.  My daughter was supposed to be in one in March.  They said they will reschedule as soon as things open up.  I asked her if she wanted to do the online classes and she said she want to do an in person class.  Hope they can get it in this summer!

5/6/20 @ 11:37 PM
mudbucket
PRO MEMBER User since 12/21/04

Chris, I sent you a PM message. The Online class your daughter could complete now and as soon as things open up she could take the field test. Some of these are one day classes. 

5/3/20 @ 1:52 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Doing the search is the best option. It may change daily. I'm pretty certain most classes were cancelled this spring. Some groups got their classes in early before the executive order. Who knows yet if they will have fall classes. 

Tim

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE