LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

WI Conservation Congress - - What happened to them?

9/10/20 @ 10:32 AM
INITIAL POST
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11

Can anyone tell me what is going on with the WI Conservation Congress? As far as I can tell It's like they died. Very few if any meetings are occurring, or even scheduled. Perhaps they have not adapted to the epidemic? Perhaps they have not embraced the current standard of holding meetings by virtual means? Whatever the reason, they have done a horrible job of informing the public why they have failed in their duty to proceed with bringing our concerns to the attention of the NRB/DNR. What exactly is the status of current resolutions? Absolutely no communication on why they have ceased business, or what their plan in to proceed. They should be held to a higher standard than this.  

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
3/31/21 @ 7:48 AM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

Here is the meme of the process for submitting a citizen resolution to the WCC.

3/30/21 @ 5:54 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

I would email the county WCC chair of the county you live in for an update.   Or ask Kari Zimmerman at Madison DNR (WCC liaison) for confirmation of your submission.

By the way, thanks for putting a resolution together.   They are the highest form of customer feedback.

If you get nowhere, let me know and I will find out.

My boss says there is no confirmation email.  If you sent it, they have it.

3/28/21 @ 2:45 PM
RescueDiver
RescueDiver
User since 1/21/12

I sent in a resolution about a week ago. I got no confirmation email or recognition that it went through. Is that normal? 

3/27/21 @ 1:55 PM
Chippman
User since 5/5/06

April 5th deadline for citizen resolutions submission for spring hearings.

2/28/21 @ 3:18 PM
mudbucket
PRO MEMBER User since 12/21/04

Just bringing page to the top.. 

9/30/20 @ 6:12 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

10/13 warm water committee
10/14 strategic planning implementation committee
10/20  motorized recreational vehicle committee
10/21 outdoor heritage and education committee
10/22 YCC youth oversight committee
12/19 rules and regulation committee

These meetings will meet via zoom.

9/15/20 @ 1:12 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

The WCC environmental committee will meet, via zoom, Oct. 3 at 9:30 am.  

9/11/20 @ 8:49 AM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11

Your just spinning what I've said. There has been NO update for the public on why the WCC activity has ceased and NO update on what, if any, plan exists to get back to business. As you know, the committee meetings that you referenced are all administrative, none of them deal with what the WCC is all about, advancing citizen resolutions. None of them are advisory committees.

Instead of listing the 3 administrative committee meetings that have occurred, let's list the advisory committees that have cancelled their meetings and have not rescheduled and have not communicated with the public about that the course of action is:

• Bear Committee
  • Deer & Elk Committee
  • Environmental Committee
  • Fur Harvest Committee
  • Great Lakes Committee
  • History Committee
  • Land Use Committee
  • Legislative Committee
  • Migratory Committee
  • Mississippi River Committee
  • Motorized Recreational Vehicles Committee
  • Outdoor Heritage & Education Committee
  • Online Input Ad Hoc Committee
  • Outreach & Public Relations Committee
  • Shooting Sports Committee
  • Strategic Plan Implementation Committee
  • Trout Committee
  • Turkey & Upland Game Committee
  • Warm Water Committee
  • Wolf Committee
9/10/20 @ 4:54 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

One committee, rules and regulations, met during the pandemic and the minutes are posted online.

The executive team met twice and the district leadership committee met once.  Those minutes are posted.  These meetings took place during the pandemic.   As the other committees meet, their minutes will be posted.

Chatter between delegates and DNR continues as usual.  Mind you, I do not post those interactions.  The NRB meets almost every month of the year and those meetings are posted online and I usually watch every one.  

9/10/20 @ 2:49 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

When committee ( I am on trout and environmental) hearing dates are announced, I will try to post it here.  It is likely they will be virtual in some way.  Many committees meet in the fall, so I suspect there will be several of them announcing meeting dates soon.

9/10/20 @ 12:57 PM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11

According to the web site that you referenced, which I visit often looking for ANY updates, of which there have been none, not a single thing since the epidemic began. Every single committee meeting has been cancelled and has not been rescheduled . I'm not sure how that equates to "alive and well." My communication with the DNR liaison Kari Zimmerman has confirmed that no committee meetings are scheduled. How about the having the WCC communicate with the people they represent and actually inform people about why nothing is happening?

9/10/20 @ 12:33 PM
trouter
trouter
User since 7/3/01

The WCC is live and well.

Yes, most of the meetings are virtual.  

The annual meeting of the WCC was cancelled due to covid 19 risks.

Minutes from virtual or in person meetings can be found at the WCC page at the DNR website.

Interaction between DNR and delegates such as myself continue as it usually did via email.  

Video updates by department reps are the standard approach to our covid19 environment.  I watched 3 of them this week.

I do  miss rubbing shoulders with other delegates and with my contacts at the DNR, NRB, and at GLIFWC.  But the work continues.

The best way to track the actions of the WCC during this epidemic is by reading the minutes posted.  

As for the resolutions, the environmental committee and the tr
out committee have yet to meet.  When we do meet, we will process the resolutions for this year.

Scott Pitta
WCC Adams County

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE