LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

What's the average cost to remove front sight from AR barrel?

7/31/21 @ 11:14 AM
INITIAL POST
eAlkINte
User since 7/24/21

Would I be better off buying a new barrel? I don't like the front M4 style sight on my varmit rifle. It creates cowitness issues with my scope. I'd like to take it to a gun smith and have him put on a low profile gas block, but I don't know if that'd be cost effective. And how to remove front sight on ar15 a2?

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
9/27/21 @ 9:57 AM
JamesD
JamesD
PRO MEMBER User since 2/16/04

Does the AR have a figured walnut stock and a silver inlaid front sight? If not, then I'm with Mike B. and L. Monster on this one. I thought a Sawzall with a hackmaster blade at first, but his grinder idea might be better. It's a tool after all. Set it up so it shoots straight for you.

9/12/21 @ 3:26 PM
mikieb
User since 10/11/15

It's simple enough to replace it your self with a roll pin punch and a crescent wrench for the flash suppressor.... 

Midway USA is your friend for the new parts.... 

With that said.... If I had an AR-15 that shot really well... I wouldn't mess with it and buy a 12 pack of Bush Lite and get it taken off with an angle grinder. 

8/1/21 @ 9:09 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I wouldn’t think it would cost much because it’s pretty easy to do with the right tools. You can purchase AR15/M4 tool kits from sites like Cheaper Than Dirt for around $50 and have the ability to play around with your rifle as you wish. I’m not at all a handy individual but have swapped stocks, hand guards and barrels on my first AR and have built my second from parts. You basically need upper and lower vise blocks, an AR/M4 combo wrench, a torque wrench and a handful of YouTube videos. With that, anything is possible. Gotta love AR’s. They’re like Barbie Dolls for men!

7/31/21 @ 5:08 PM
CrystalLakeMonster
CrystalLakeMonster
User since 11/22/10

I'll do it for a 12 pack of bush light with my angle grinder.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE