LJ Walleye Master
USER SINCE 9/6/13
Good luck everybody!  Pictures please!!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 18 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

11/26/21 @ 10:06 PM
LittleLuck
USER SINCE 2/16/17

not pressured like it used to be because of lack of deer. Locals don't hunt that much anymore and not many come up because so few deer. The dnr and forestor will tell me that there are plenty of deer here. I guess it must me a new strain of whitetail that can fly because it doesn't make tracks.  It also doesn't bed down, poop, or make rubs or scrapes. The regular groups in my areas that make drives are not pushing many deer at all or seeing sign when covering large areas. I hunted 7 different areas and still hunted etc. to no avail. Hunter numbers are down for good reason there are hardly any deer around.  People aren't wasting their time to see nothing  

11/26/21 @ 9:18 PM
brews4995
brews4995
USER SINCE 4/2/10

Littleluck

What are the hunter numbers on that public land, is it heavily pressured or not?

11/26/21 @ 8:18 PM
LittleLuck
USER SINCE 2/16/17

Deer hunting absolutely pathetic in the central forest public land. Saw 4 does and one spike buck in 7 days of hard hunting.  Worst year of hunting in 40 years. And the dnr and cdac rocket scientists decided to increase the antlerless tags. Clueless. Everyone is saying hunting is dismal.  Something has to change.  First buck only gun and archery for 5 years. Second don't need all these seasons. Get rid of youth hunts, shorten archery season from October 1st through December 15th, no need for muzzle loader season. Use your muzzle rifle that is just as good as my deer rifle during regular gun season. We don't need more opportunities, seasons to see nothing. Third one buck per hunter per year. The dnr is managing for record low deer numbers up north.  They manage for record high predator numbers coyote,  wolf, bobcat, bear. Question for dnr, what are you doing to improve the terrible deer hunting on public land in the northern half of the state? 

11/25/21 @ 8:57 AM
oldhunter
USER SINCE 2/28/13

Bucks were not moving, because they were to tired from having all that sex.   

11/24/21 @ 6:51 PM
Kayaker 8
USER SINCE 8/28/20

Full moon on opening weekend.  Deer were awake all night feeding and bedded tight during daylight. 

11/24/21 @ 3:44 PM
JC-Wisconsin
USER SINCE 4/1/05

What is it this year?  Too much snow, not enuff, too cold, too warm, too many standing crops, or lack of hunter effort?

11/23/21 @ 8:26 PM
PimplySwede
USER SINCE 1/6/09

Plenty of shots around us Saturday, 75-80.  Only about 20 by noon Sunday, but that wind was killer.

Pulled cameras on our way out, the biggun was in my brother's area as he walked out Saturday morning, and he spooked him out of there.

11/23/21 @ 8:23 PM
PimplySwede
USER SINCE 1/6/09

Congrats Wharf.  Great moment.

11/23/21 @ 8:25 AM
Wharf Dwarf II
MEMBER SINCE 6/22/10

Three generations…youngest‘s first buck! Quite a moment!

11/22/21 @ 10:00 PM
Polski
Polski
MEMBER SINCE 5/11/03

Lots of shooting around me opening weekend but none by me. Lots of time to go but glad I got meat in the freezer during bow season.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 18 POSTS
Advertise here
Whether you’re looking to plan your next fishing trip, or just make the most of your time on the water, the Humminbird FishSmart app can help. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird FishSmart App
An ice rod built as tough as the frozen winter landscape of the ice belt. A new platform for St. Croix, the Tundra series is a culmination of ice centric features demanded by hardwater anglers. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - St. Croix Tundra Ice Rods
Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos feature a Ceymar micro baitfeeder, a full grip non-reel seat handle for customized placement, and a 1-pcs 24-ton carbon rod blank construction. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Okuma Cold Water Deadstick Ice Combos
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.