MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Spring Turkey Season

4/6/20 @ 8:05 AM
INITIAL POST
Fishin Deep
Fishin Deep
User since 1/1/11

What's everyone's thoughts?   My tag is for mid state. I'm planning on taking all my food with. I'll have no need to interact with locals at my up north property. Also thinking about taking the boat as well.  Anyone hunting in your given zones or are you skipping this season?

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
4/15/20 @ 11:25 AM
A5¢
A5¢
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/09

It was 13° out this morning, when I got to my stand, about fifteen minutes away from the house. At around 7:30, this feller got too close to me. Now it's back to the trapline! 

P.S. I didn't weigh him. He is just a beautiful bird.

4/10/20 @ 4:31 PM
TunaBoat
TunaBoat
PRO MEMBER User since 4/11/02

Due to unprecedented crowds, litter, vandalism and the need to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff, Gov. Evers has directed the DNR to close several state properties to public access effective Friday, April 10.

All properties already designated as public hunting grounds will remain open to turkey hunters.

No public hunting grounds have been closed as a result of this directive, including those state parks already open to spring turkey hunting.

• State parks are open, as usual, for turkey hunting in accordance with established hunting seasons, for the youth hunt (April 11-12) and the first three periods of the regular season (April 15 - May 5).
  • Other public hunting grounds included in the directive are open for the full turkey season.
  • Be sure to check individual properties for accurate maps because hunting is restricted at certain times and in some areas of our properties.

Turkey hunters should follow public health guidance and the Safer at Home order while afield this season, including:

• Keep it local. Stay close to home and in your community.
  • Practicing safe social distancing, leaving 6 feet between you and anyone you may encounter while in the field.
  • Hunters may only enter closed properties for the purpose of actively hunting. All preparatory activities associated with hunting, such as scouting or checking trail cameras, are prohibited at closed state properties.
  • Adults age 18 or older must accompany a youth for the Spring Turkey Youth Hunt and should be from the same household to adhere to CDC social distancing requirements.

We thank you for your patience and cooperation as we all go through the COVID-19 emergency together and apologize for any inconvenience. This is a rapidly evolving situation. For updates, visit the DNR website or follow @WIDNR on Facebook, @wi_dnr on Instagram or @WDNR on Twitter.

4/7/20 @ 8:21 PM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Fulldraw very well said. Please be careful out there and may all your birds be longbeards. Good luck and stay safe.

4/7/20 @ 12:09 PM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

Isn’t hunting the epitome of social distancing?? Sitting out in the woods alone. Much more distant than going to the grocery store. Just sayin....

4/6/20 @ 1:32 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Periods D-F still have tags in zone 3 if you wanted to go local.

They can't just let people switch, that would throw the tag distribution out of whack.  I hunt zone 3 and I have tags for A/C/D now.  Waiting on E/F to see if its buggy or warm.  Kind of a joke with all the tags in that zone, really only 1 week I can't go.  I hunt mostly public, will probably be jumping around all over the place.  Avoiding people of course, kind of an isolation activity the way it is.

4/6/20 @ 10:07 AM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
User since 3/26/19

watching the weather. period 2/zone 1

good weather i'll hunt. bad weather skip it.

plan on driving to hunting area each day. no human contact

4/6/20 @ 8:52 AM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

No worries here, zone 2 week 2 at friends farm. Bonus tag zone 1 week 3 Crawford county our private land. Hope its just me and the turkeys.

4/6/20 @ 8:11 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Doing the same as you fishin' deep.. I have week 1 i'll be going up Tuesday night and then taking PTO Thursday and Friday for some extended "return to normal" time.. will be hunting the entire time and not venturing to any public stores / gas stations so I'll be good. 

4/6/20 @ 8:08 AM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

Go hunt. Your bringing your own supplies and will not have any interaction w/ others.  Good luck!

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
solid hook sets by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE