MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Saddle Hunting Setup

9/13/20 @ 9:23 PM
INITIAL POST
Elliott Jacobson
Elliott Jacobson
User since 1/25/17

Anyone else out there use a saddle system? 

My system consists of a Lone Wolf Hand Climber and a Tethrd Mantis. Here’s a quick instructional video explaining the setup. 

https://youtu.be/flC-1e4npJQ 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
5/3/21 @ 12:39 PM
Mr.Jiggers
Mr.Jiggers
User since 1/3/10

Never have saddle hunted, but committed myself this year.  I'm building out my saddle hunting set up so that I will be comfortable and ready for the Fall.  No more lugging around heavy gear for my public land marches 1-2 miles deep.

I went with the Tethrd Phantom w/ back rest, HYS strap, etc.  

For my platform I went with the Trophyline EDP platform, which I received this weekend.  OMG sturdy and stable!  I've been up my Maple tree already. ;)

I went with the Hawk Helium Sticks (hard to pass up at $109/ 4 pack), and added Amsteel daisy chains and 1 step Amsteel aiders.

Now I just need to upgrade my 7 year old compound bow to another compound bow.

I'm looking forward to this chapter of my tangle with nature.

4/8/21 @ 10:00 AM
mikieb
User since 10/11/15

If I wasn't 57 y/o and 230lbs...   I would have a saddle set up. I really believe the best way to kill a buck is to slip in and get up off the ground where you never left human sent previously...  catch him completely by surprise. 

4/7/21 @ 11:39 AM
camouser
User since 11/14/19

Switched over last year to one.  Absolutely love it, I hunt all public and go 1-2 miles in.  Currently run the phantom either drt rope climb method or with my lone wolf steps.   Plan to switch to the timber ninja c1 carbon sticks this fall with the aider.   Gonna be hard to swallow the price for 4 of them but going light.  

4/7/21 @ 12:40 AM
Knot so hot
Knot so hot
User since 1/28/11

I am intrigued with the saddle hunting videos on YouTube. I had a stand stolen last year, so instead of buying a new one, I have started to build my saddle setup. First I purchased a set of 4 hawk helium mini climbing sticks. I added Amsteel daisy chains to secure them to the tree and 2 step Amsteel aiders. I am currently waiting for my H2 saddle to show up in the mail any day now, so I can test out climbing with the new set up. I still have to purchase a platform yet but I am excited to try out this setup. I know I wont miss carrying the old summit steel climber in the woods 

9/16/20 @ 10:38 AM
Elliott Jacobson
Elliott Jacobson
User since 1/25/17

shot this doe last night out of this setup. 

9/14/20 @ 11:40 AM
Elliott Jacobson
Elliott Jacobson
User since 1/25/17

I definitely won’t be going back to a tree stand. I find the saddle much more comfortable, and like you said, much lighter too. 

9/14/20 @ 7:17 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I'm looking at switching over to a saddle and beast sticks. I currently run a Lone Wolf Assault and 4 XOP sticks. It works nice for public land, but every year it becomes more of a chore to carry in and hang every single time. The beast sticks would save some weight over the XOP's and the saddle weighs almost nothing. 

Going to be expense to buy the new sticks, saddle and carry bag but may be the last setup I need. 

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE