MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Revenge on Squirrels will be mine!

9/9/19 @ 10:13 PM
INITIAL POST
Mr.Jiggers
Mr.Jiggers
User since 1/3/10

I'm absolutely sick of the squirrels emptying my bird feeders, so I came up with a plan.  Squirrel revenge is going to be MINE & it's going to be SWEET!  I built my version of a squirrel launcher. DO YOU THINK IT WILL WORK?  Squirrel launching videos coming soon!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 20 posts
10/28/19 @ 9:40 AM
Flyrod Man
User since 8/13/09

My feeders are squirrel proof, work very well. Can be purchased at most stores.

10/27/19 @ 8:49 PM
Mr.Jiggers
Mr.Jiggers
User since 1/3/10

Finally got one of those marauding squirrels on camera going after the corn cob on my squirrel spinner.  God it's funny to watch them go for a ride!

9/24/19 @ 10:14 PM
Mr.Jiggers
Mr.Jiggers
User since 1/3/10

Those furry tailed bandits are challenging to get on video, but I'm committed to the cause.  Short video, but I was able to get a Bluejay sniping some corn kernels, which shows how sensitive the spinner actually is.

9/24/19 @ 9:35 AM
OnTheFigure8
User since 8/28/01

Am I the only one that doesn't "get" this launching thing??? I expected something WAY different... I doubt this is going to work. Squirrels will just climb back up and try again... and will likely climb the house to get to the bird feeders as well.

But, hey... good luck pal.

9/23/19 @ 6:47 AM
castle rock rigger
User since 12/9/12

Post a video of your first victim. 

9/21/19 @ 11:44 AM
Jake & Dan
User since 4/4/09

I read on another site about using tanglefoot mixed with a hot pepper powder on the pole. Tanglefoot is a sticky substance that they have trouble getting off their paws.

9/21/19 @ 9:33 AM
jawjerker
jawjerker
User since 1/14/02

I prefer the Sheridan .20 method to keep them from chewing into the house. Mornings seem to be the best time

9/20/19 @ 9:51 PM
cwhunter
User since 9/8/15

I have watched them fall from a tree 50 feet up and hit the ground running. Never miss a beat. So that short fall isn't going to deter them a bit. Catapult neither. They are persistent and have all day to figure things out. All animals are opportunists,  if you have food out there they will be there. Can you blame them?

9/20/19 @ 7:31 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

I use cayenne pepper frequently.

The birds could care less, but mammals like coons and squirrels sure don’t like it lol

I once had a squirrel jump in the bird bath after eating some cayenne laced sunflower seeds -was quite funny! 

9/11/19 @ 8:52 PM
Mr.Jiggers
Mr.Jiggers
User since 1/3/10

The fall is only a few feet.  I checked the corn cob this evening and something must have gone for a ride.  Ha!!!   I just don't feel comfortable leaving my GoPro outside my house without being there, so hopefully I can get some footage this weekend.  

After I get my fill of the spinner, I will be building a catapult.  Your wish is my command folks!  Thanks for watching the video.  More to come.

9/11/19 @ 6:26 PM
Pool8
User since 1/27/17

Plenty of postings on the bird thread about using cayenne pepper mixed in with the seed , birds aren't affected and the squirrels are. Apparently they leave it alone afterwards. 

9/11/19 @ 5:30 PM
cwhunter
User since 9/8/15

I think it would be more humane to shoot them than that twirling thing. 

9/11/19 @ 1:20 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

Need one of these!!!   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgDa_cpgHWs 

9/11/19 @ 12:52 PM
Lundguy2
User since 4/22/15

I was hoping the same thing, at least 10 yds or so, not just dropping to the ground

9/11/19 @ 11:25 AM
Fowler2
Fowler2
User since 7/17/09

I was hoping to see some-sorta catapult contraption tossing squirrels across the front yard. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 20 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE