SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

NRB Questions for spring Hearings

1/22/20 @ 4:35 PM
INITIAL POST
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

The Department of Natural Resources board on Wednesday approved six questions for the Wisconsin Conservation Congress' April hearings. 

The questions ask if people would support extending the nine-day gun season to 19 days; eliminating the December antlerless-only season; prohibit hunting during the days before the nine-day season; eliminate management zones; limit the crossbow season to October and after the nine-day gun season; and invalidate bow and crossbow buck tags during the nine-day season.

Displaying 61 to 75 of 77 posts
1/23/20 @ 10:50 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Another garbage attempt to shorten the crossbow season, folks are catching on to the behind the scenes games from the WBH, Kaz, and others. So much so, that Mike Brust registered as citizen rather the President of the WBH. Why? The overwhelming number of  CC spring hearing questions regarding crossbow use have roots tied the those mentioned. The DNR released the study requested by Kaz and his pals and the study didn't back up or support there claims, now he comes back with the angle, lets bring back the excitement to the gun season.

1/23/20 @ 10:49 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17
I 2nd what .LB said. Hunting is my only true passion in life, and i'm to the point where i'm all for not hunting the majority of the fall so i don't have to continue to give these morons my money. Maybe a boycott will help open their eyes. I don't even have words for what they are presenting. Amateur. Hour. 
1/23/20 @ 9:23 AM
syracusesteve
User since 12/12/03

The only good one is getting rid of the december anterless hunt.  The management one I don't think will have an effect either way.  I like Kaz comment that shorting the crossbow season will get people fired up for the gun season again.  He fails to think how many people will not hunt if this change happens.

1/22/20 @ 10:29 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

This state is a huge joke.

1/22/20 @ 7:15 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Certainly a number of "hot-point' questions that should hopefully get more hunters to show up at the Spring Meetings to give their input..  

Displaying 61 to 75 of 77 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE