LOGIN
Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

NRB Questions for spring Hearings

1/22/20 @ 4:35 PM
ORIGNAL POST
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

The Department of Natural Resources board on Wednesday approved six questions for the Wisconsin Conservation Congress' April hearings. 

The questions ask if people would support extending the nine-day gun season to 19 days; eliminating the December antlerless-only season; prohibit hunting during the days before the nine-day season; eliminate management zones; limit the crossbow season to October and after the nine-day gun season; and invalidate bow and crossbow buck tags during the nine-day season.

DISPLAYING 51 TO 57 OF 57 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/23/20 @ 10:50 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Another garbage attempt to shorten the crossbow season, folks are catching on to the behind the scenes games from the WBH, Kaz, and others. So much so, that Mike Brust registered as citizen rather the President of the WBH. Why? The overwhelming number of  CC spring hearing questions regarding crossbow use have roots tied the those mentioned. The DNR released the study requested by Kaz and his pals and the study didn't back up or support there claims, now he comes back with the angle, lets bring back the excitement to the gun season.

1/23/20 @ 10:49 AM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17
I 2nd what .LB said. Hunting is my only true passion in life, and i'm to the point where i'm all for not hunting the majority of the fall so i don't have to continue to give these morons my money. Maybe a boycott will help open their eyes. I don't even have words for what they are presenting. Amateur. Hour. 

1/23/20 @ 9:23 AM
syracusesteve
User since 12/12/03

The only good one is getting rid of the december anterless hunt.  The management one I don't think will have an effect either way.  I like Kaz comment that shorting the crossbow season will get people fired up for the gun season again.  He fails to think how many people will not hunt if this change happens.

1/22/20 @ 10:29 PM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

This state is a huge joke.

1/22/20 @ 9:59 PM
LittleLuck
User since 2/16/17

I hope everyone votes against extending the gun deer season.  This will only make our low deer populations in many areas even worse.  We need to grow the deer population. Hunters are quitting because they aren't seeing deer. More will quit if they see little or no deer for 19 days as opposed to seeing nothing for 9 days. The dnr fraud that hunters want more opportunities is the biggest crock ever. More opportunities to see nothing. Really? Grow the deer population first. WE DON'T NEED MORE OR LONGER SEASONS  PERIOD!!!!.  Also I encourage people to vote to get rid of the 4 day statewide December antlerless only hunt it is not needed and rediculous.  I also believe the holiday hunt from Christmas to New Years needs to go permanently there is no need for it as well.

1/22/20 @ 7:15 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Certainly a number of "hot-point' questions that should hopefully get more hunters to show up at the Spring Meetings to give their input..  

DISPLAYING 51 TO 57 OF 57 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.