SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

NRB Questions for spring Hearings

1/22/20 @ 4:35 PM
INITIAL POST
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

The Department of Natural Resources board on Wednesday approved six questions for the Wisconsin Conservation Congress' April hearings. 

The questions ask if people would support extending the nine-day gun season to 19 days; eliminating the December antlerless-only season; prohibit hunting during the days before the nine-day season; eliminate management zones; limit the crossbow season to October and after the nine-day gun season; and invalidate bow and crossbow buck tags during the nine-day season.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 77 posts
5/8/20 @ 7:00 AM
walleyeralph
User since 6/20/01

X2 ERE nailed it.

5/7/20 @ 3:45 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Thanks oldhunter, your quite good yourself. Having followed this and gathering info from other sites for a long time, it is an absolute shame what has been going on. As others have noted this keeps popping up and the same folks keep moving the goal posts. They questioned and twisted DNR data which resulted in probably the largest study on hunting ever done, when they didn't get the results they hoped for, they crafted new questions. Questions that if not read clearly could be answered in a way that would go there direction. In sending these questions to the spring hearings ballot there were board members who said in jest ; could we add an "I'm confused choice". Over the years the WBH has been front and center in the crossbow fight. They show up at the capitol, and have no problem bending legislators ears. Those that have followed this from the beginning will remember the groups legislative liaison was Ron kulas, aka crabtree, rancid and many more. He was and is a hardcore opponent of crossbows, his time as liaison was cut short by a game violation, google it. He is also very good friends with Kaz. This subject will continue to rear its head again. If your inclined to write, send them to the legislators, ultimately they need to know whats going on.

5/7/20 @ 11:15 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

How much longer do these jokers have left on the NRB? Sick of dealing with this every year. Glad to see how the results turned out this year. Between this spring hearing results and the DNR studies on crossbow season hopefully they can finally accept to leave it as is. It's not fair how one or two guys on the NRB can have so much leverage and push their personal agenda.

5/7/20 @ 9:37 AM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

ERE  -  You pretty much have the situation figured out.  Agree with you 100%.

5/6/20 @ 7:09 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

One would hope that this will put those attempts to bed, however Kaz, Prehn, and there cronies at the WBH will come back again with a similar confusing questions for next year. Don't be surprised if Kaz tries to spin this and jam it through anyway. So far no one on the NRB has demonstrated the ability or desire to stand up to him. The other deer questions were nothing more than an attempt to take the focus off of crossbows.

5/6/20 @ 1:08 PM
5/6/20 @ 10:06 AM
syracusesteve
User since 12/12/03

Finally results.  Can we now put these foolish ideas behind us.  Longer gun season and shortening crossbow season both failed.

5/6/20 @ 6:56 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Pretty sure it has something to with Chad. I heard something about hanging him.

5/6/20 @ 5:23 AM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01

Past years it took a day or two and having to add info manually,all now on line, no reason for this type of delay, looks like Evers is in charge of this also.

5/6/20 @ 4:07 AM
mudbucket
PRO MEMBER User since 12/21/04

Alright,  trying my best to not criticize,  but come on.. Agree, disagree, or I don't know were the choices. Its not like reviewing an essay.. Give us something, computer trouble, voter irregularities, Illinoisans interference, JK? Guess it really doesn't matter when we get the results. Need something new to talk about.

Oh well, sorry for venting.. Long, boring, night at work. Have a great day and stay safe..

4/30/20 @ 8:48 AM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

Pretty sure it is 60,000 respondents.  The largest participation was the year 2000, when it had the morning dove question.  That was 30,000, in person only.  I would guess the record number of participants this year would be due to multiple factors.  100% online only, a hotbed of deer hunting related questions, the crossbow questions, lobbying by groups, (Wis Bowhunters assoc. -  NRA,  Sierra club, etc.).  I will repeat myself in saying this long of a delay is looking quite suspicious.  

4/30/20 @ 1:35 AM
mudbucket
PRO MEMBER User since 12/21/04

I went on the DNR chat line to try and get clarification on 60,000 RESPONSES or respondents. She didn't have that information, but gave me someone to contact. She stated there would be a longer response time from contact due to Coronavirus, so I passed.

Previous years participation.      2016 State wide attendance 4363.                                                2017 .... attendance 5073.           2018 .... attendance 6893.           2019 ...Overall  participation 10712.  In person 3402..   Online 7310.                                  Just for comparison sake..        I also wondered about the delayed results.. Hoping there wasn't a big number of votes on just one issue trying to push an agenda? I guess we'll find out soon enough. Have a great day.  Stay safe..

4/29/20 @ 8:46 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Yup, probably. Lol

4/29/20 @ 12:20 PM
oldhunter
User since 2/28/13

I just received the latest issue of WisOutdoorNews Monday.  There was a article on front page by the editor, regarding the hearing.  There was some comments about Kaz calling the Congress chairman and asking who and how many in the DNR had access to the survey results, implying he does not trust the DNR to alter the results.  The chairman said the results should be posted Monday, or possibly as late as Tuesday or Wednesday.  I have to say also, that with it being 100% computer generated, the results should have been quite quick and with a little time to verify.  Seems very strange and curious why this long of a delay.  

4/29/20 @ 11:09 AM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11

QUOTE: "Didn't see results yet. Seems like a nice increase in participation though.?"

I read that too, but it I thought it meant a lower turnout. 60,000 responses. 55 questions/responses per person. That means maybe 1,000-1,500 people depending on how many questions people left blank. I too am surprised that results are taking this long.  

Displaying 1 to 15 of 77 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE