SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

M1A rear sight question

6/23/21 @ 6:55 AM
INITIAL POST
40srolla
User since 6/14/21

On my M1A, I have to have the rear sight adjusted 2 clicks to the left (the center line in the sight is about 1.5 notches left of the center notch on the reciever) in order to hit center of target at 200yds. This is under calm (no wind) conditions.

My questions are:

1. Is this normal, or is there a problem that needs to be addressed?

2. Is there a way to center the line without moving the sight adjustment? On the elevation adjustment, you can loosen a screw, and move the knob without moving the sight adjustment. That way you can get dialed in at 200yds, then adjust the knob so that the 200 mark lines up properly when you are sighted in. Can the same be done for the windage adjustment?

Thanks,  Srolla

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
6/24/21 @ 8:42 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

Windage should be adjusted first on the M1A/M14 on the front sight using small Allen wrench. After centering rifle on front sight, then go back to elevation on rear sight. Mark with finger nail polish when zeroed. They are the sweetest sights out there. Start out with a battle zero at 25yds. Elevation and windage adj’s on rear sight.

6/23/21 @ 8:59 AM
Guidedfishing
User since 8/2/01

Srolla,

It is normal, and I am not aware of anyway to realign the center line for windage since it is a solid stamped piece integral to the sight, vs the markings on the receiver with are not moveable in any way.

My Loaded M1A1's rear aperture is adjusted similar to yours.  However, I no longer use the irons since I have rebuilt the rifle into a MK 14 after dropping it into a Sage International stock.  It went from so-so accuracy to being a tack driver now from 400 yards and beyond.    

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE