SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

Battery heated vest / jacket

10/26/20 @ 9:25 PM
INITIAL POST
mastertangler
User since 6/21/01

Finding that for various reasons, my dad and I don’t stay warm like we used to.  In dads case it’s multiple artificial joints that get cold. Considering a battery vest or maybe jacket.  Anyone have suggestions on something that actually works?  Thanks

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
10/30/20 @ 1:03 PM
kyl_me
User since 7/21/08

What fishnhunt14 said is exactly what I do with my M12 vest. When I wear it in the woods or for ice fishing, I wear it over my base layer and have other clothes over the top of it. It works pretty well, rarely use it on high and if I do, only to knock the initial cold out of the other garments. The heating elements are only in the top section of the vest, it would be nice if they covered the lower part of the back, I have plenty of insulation in the lower front.

When I originally planned to buy it 2 years ago, I found it at Neu's Hardware. I tried on an XL and thought I had gained 30 lbs, the thing did not fit at all. Quickly realized I was trying on a female version and they had no male versions in stock. 

10/28/20 @ 8:39 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I got one for Christmas last year I had to return. It was the largest size they offered and it was pretty snug on me...and I'm only 6', 180. Hoping to find one this year that fits. 

10/27/20 @ 7:35 PM
YonkerS
User since 1/28/13

Explore Gerbing 7volt vests.

https://www.gerbing.com

I have the fleece version that was sold by Cabela’s.

Heated areas are in the chest & entire back.

4 levels of heat controlled on the battery about the approximate size of an old Zippo lighter.

Some of the Gerbing vests even have a heated neck area.

10/27/20 @ 7:13 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Getting one you can try on first is important.  I bought one online . A 3x would not fit a 150 pounder . And was shipped from China . For a refund  , I would have to return it .  For a price that was half what it cost .

10/27/20 @ 2:41 PM
cohoho
cohoho
PRO MEMBER User since 5/10/07

If the vest is as good as the jacket, you'll be happy. I do also fine the jacket one of the most comfortable I have owned.

10/27/20 @ 1:29 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I'm thinking about buying the Milwaukee heated vest but I seen the forecast is supposed to warm back up next week so I might wait. I have a couple M12 batteries already so it would have been $130 at Home Depot for just the vest. After researching it I think the vest is the way to go. The jacket does not heat the arms and it doesn't make sense to heat the outer layer. You can wear the vest over the base layers so it's closer to your skin and then layer over the vest to hold the heat in. 

10/27/20 @ 9:51 AM
cohoho
cohoho
PRO MEMBER User since 5/10/07

I've owned a Milwaukee heated coat in camo for about 5 years now. Still works great. I don't use the heat too much as the coat is warm as is but it is nice when it gets really cold. Battery runs out quick when on high but will last most of the day on low.

10/27/20 @ 7:57 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I had a Browning one but the plug wire broke.  Didn't use it exactly a lot, was disappointed in it.

Heard some decent things about the Milwaukee vest if you have the M12 batteries for any tools.

10/26/20 @ 9:43 PM
Bugeye1
User since 9/25/14

Yeah, good question.  I'm wondering the same thing.  Hoodie or jacket?

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE