SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

2023 bonus Tags Florence County

7/11/23 @ 6:14 AM
INITIAL POST
fishinfool1
User since 3/14/10

DNR Web Site shows Florence County Private will have 5000 avalible Bonus Tags this year.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
12/24/23 @ 3:20 PM
Homestead55
User since 5/21/18
JUST LIKE ALWAYS. TAKE ANYTHING WITH ANTLERS. BORN AND RAISED IN FLORENCE COUNTY. HOMESTEAD. YEARS, I MEAN DECADES OF POOR DEER MANAGEMENT (TOO MANY DOE TAGS AND SPECIAL SEASONS). I LIVE HERE, THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY DEER AS THE DNR HAVE ALWAYS STATED.
IF YOU DO NOT CONSIDERE WINTER KILL, BEAR A COYOTE PREDATION, AND OVER HARVEST, IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE. OF COUSE THOSE FROM LETS SAY BELOW 64, DUMPING OF ALL KINDS OF VEGETABLES. WELL AFTER FIRST COUPLE DAYS, DEER GO NOCTURNAL UNTIL AT LEAST WEDNESDAY, ONLY TO GO BACK SO ONCE PRESSURE STARTS AGAIN FRIDAY. DEER ARE OT STUPID. SITTING ON A STUMP IS NO WAY TO GET A DEER. DURING A TIME WHEN THE SCENT OF PEOPLE ARE HEAVY IN THE WOODS.
11/27/23 @ 9:42 AM
daleracefan
PRO MEMBER User since 3/27/02
Beelzeebob, we hunted over in Forest county with the same senario over by Long Lake. My brother has a 40 there and all he has is wolf pictures. Such a shame, used to be great hunting 
11/24/23 @ 8:06 AM
beelzebob
User since 9/24/01
I stumbled across this thread just now, so I'm pretty late to the game.  I hunted Florence county from 1980 to 2018.  We used to camp down near the Pine River flowage, hunted public land.  In those years, I shot 4 10 pts, 5 8 pts, and many lesser bucks.  Also a few does.  I would see deer every day.  The deer camps aound the area were full up and the buck poles hung heavy, we used to drive around to see how other camps were faring.  The last 2 years I hunted that same country, I never saw a deer in 2 opening weekends, and one year never heard a shot. The deer camps I mentioned are now vacant, no deer hanging anywhere.  Florence county was very good deer country.  Was. Do I have the answers - nope.  I just decided it was time to leave.
11/19/23 @ 11:43 PM
cherriesonce
User since 11/16/23
I've been hunting in Florence County for more than 30 years; the hunting there used to be excellent. But it has essentially become a waste of time for a considerable amount of time now.
doodle cricket

7/23/23 @ 4:30 PM
Binney
User since 7/23/23
I have hunted Florence County for over 30 years, it was once great hunting. However for quite some time now it has become pretty much a waste of time. I hunt in a group of 3, it is not uncommon for none of to see a deer in recent years. Anyone who thinks the DNR should be issuing doe tags is a fool. If anything, they should be handing out wolf tags!!   But why would I expect anything else.
7/19/23 @ 1:04 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05
DNR got Bambi on blast
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE