MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

2022 gun opener

11/18/22 @ 11:36 AM
INITIAL POST
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
User since 7/29/21

Good luck and STAY SAFE tomorrow to all. Hoping to see pics and read stories. May your aim be true. Hope this freak is still around...

2022 gun opener photo by SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
2022 gun opener photo by SkiLLz~4~GiLLz
Displaying 1 to 15 of 56 posts
12/14/22 @ 10:15 PM
the Jimmer
the Jimmer
User since 1/11/05

My daughter was able to take a nice 7 point buck early opening morning. Would have been an 8 but he snapped a brow somewhere along the way. 14” inside spread, and with those brow tines he would have been pretty awesome in a couple of years. 

I hunted a few hours and took care of it with her, then went back to her stand for the afternoon sit. Near the end of hours I had a buck come sneaking through some thick brush at around 100 yards. Snow is always a big difference maker. He ended up being 10 points and 17” inside. Several broken tines, he must have liked to fight. My son pinch hit for me in the photo. 

2022 gun opener photo by the Jimmer
2022 gun opener photo by the Jimmer
12/8/22 @ 8:00 PM
CMunyon
User since 5/12/16

I find it hard to believe you can't see deer in Crawford county.

12/7/22 @ 10:06 PM
budman1987
User since 1/19/03

I thought that post would bring out some interested buyers..if I hadn't just bought land in adams County I would be interested also.  Imo doesn't take other hunters to produce deer some would love less competition 

12/7/22 @ 2:41 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I hunted Manitowoc County with family.  We had a good opening day.  I shot a buck at 6:45am.  About mid-day I shot a coyote.  Then in the evening my wife and BIL both shot bucks.

Second day I had a coyote by me at prime time so didn't want to shoot, regretted that afterwards.  

Hunted one day near my house in Marathon county with my son trying to get him a deer and we saw yet another coyote.  He wasn't quick enough to shoot it and I didn't bring a gun.  Year of the coyotes apparently.

2022 gun opener photo by lakeshiner
12/7/22 @ 9:29 AM
Turkeyslayer2
User since 8/28/11

haf2fsh I'm interested in your 40. Message me

12/7/22 @ 8:28 AM
huntfishcrappie
User since 2/23/16

Wow.. how can you not see deer in Crawford county... Price of land please and area...

12/6/22 @ 8:24 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

haf2fish - friend request sent

12/6/22 @ 7:39 PM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01

Congrats to everyone who had a successful season. Here in the land of no deer not so much. Fifth year in a row I've loaded and unload same 5 shells out of gun. Private 40 in Crawford county surrounded by farm land, no one hunts hence no deer movement. Time to sell and go back to public land.

12/6/22 @ 6:50 PM
Geneva Kid
Geneva Kid
PRO MEMBER User since 1/1/06

Late Report but a good one for our small group. Opening morning with the snow coming down and strong winds son managed a nice 9 pt at 7:10 AM at 95 yards. Never saw the deer on cam all fall but it was doging a doe when he met his fate. I missed one Saturday afternoon chasing a doe through the thicket but from what I saw I think we got him the second weekend. Another nice 9pt for sure with a 20.5 inside spread. Can't complain about the hunt for three of us. Very enjoyable, especially first weekend with the snow cover.

2022 gun opener photo by Geneva Kid
2022 gun opener photo by Geneva Kid
12/6/22 @ 1:40 PM
Tree stand whacker
Tree stand whacker
User since 1/4/13

Here was my opening weekend experience! Gun deer camp is certainly about the hunting, but it's even more about spending time with my family at the cabin. 

12/1/22 @ 7:27 AM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

Thanks guys! Keep er moving!

11/30/22 @ 5:24 PM
jlkohl
User since 6/9/02

X3 clueless...!

11/30/22 @ 4:59 PM
kona77
User since 6/20/13

Clueless.  X2 on the comments and especially the hunt for your 89 year old father. That is outstanding..

11/30/22 @ 4:19 PM
Del Roy
User since 2/17/14

That’s a fantastic hunting report Clueless!  Happy for your dad’s and the rest of your camp’s success. And doing it in an area where it’s not exactly easy to shoot good bucks.  Congrats!

11/30/22 @ 1:59 PM
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09

Congrats to your Dad!! That is awesome  - at 89!! I hope I can remember my name at 89..... Wish my Dad was still alive.  Congrats again on a great season.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 56 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE