MORE
Wisconsin Hunting Reports/Discussion

2019 updates from the field

9/27/19 @ 5:43 PM
INITIAL POST
fishon909
fishon909
User since 1/17/13

Been fortunate to get out last night and tonight. Had a scraggly looking 10 pt come 5 yards broadside. One big antler sticking out high and mighty and one little one. Out tonight getting soaked. Never had much luck in the rain but if you get the ok to go who cares what the weather is. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
11/23/19 @ 8:58 AM
Kutt2
User since 10/31/15

A coffee thermos makes a great lumbar support.

11/15/19 @ 12:38 PM
FullDraw05
User since 10/10/17

Props to you on passing, Fishon.. very tough move that's not always the easiest to make. But the right decision no doubt. I concur what was said, I have too used my talking voice to say a simple "hey" and it's worked when the grunt has failed. I hope you're rewarded for your decision!

11/12/19 @ 11:29 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Very interesting. I have hollered "HEY" myself on at least three separate occasions,  after loud grunts failed. Two bucks died, and one I passed, but wanted to stop for a better look see.

11/12/19 @ 11:06 AM
Outdoor Freak!
User since 9/26/19

Yes,  many times during the rut.  They can be so focused and distracted they don’t see or hear things they normally would.  When this has happened to me, I grunt again louder until I get there attention and they stop.  On one occasion I had a large mature buck walking across me at 12 yards.  I grunted twice at full draw and he continued walking.  I then yelled “hey” in a rather loud voice.  He stopped and I ran an arrow thru him quartering away and he crashed dead 40 yards into the brush.  It’s up to us as hunters to stop them for the shot.  I have had to use my regular voice on a few occasions because grunting did not work.  Don’t be afraid to get louder if needed.  They stop when they are startled by the noise.  Be at full draw with the sight on them ready to shoot at the first opportunity.  Good luck!

11/11/19 @ 12:51 PM
McQ
User since 6/19/01

Hunting Hayward last couple mornings. Nothing moving. I lasted both mornings from 6:30-9:30, then froze. No rut activity here

11/1/19 @ 3:39 PM
fishon909
fishon909
User since 1/17/13

Was hunting yesterday morning in the rain snow wind. Had a real nice buck come by on a trail that was 15 yards. As soon as he got parallel with me i grunted you stop him. He never stopped moving. First time I’ve ever had a deer not stop. Anyone else ever experience this? I couldn’t get myself to take the moving shot cause he was moving a a very brisk walk. Hard to watch him go but didn’t want to take an unethical shot. What have you done to stop a deer.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE