Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin selling public land

7/26/16 @ 7:59 AM
ORIGNAL POST
hook, line&sinker
User since 4/18/07

The area right next to my favorite trout stream has been sold by the Wisconsin legislature to a private owner.  Impossible to get to the stream now.  Been fishing the stream for over 30 years. Guess this ends trout fishing for me.   How do the rest of you feel about the legislature from the state of Wisconsin selling hunting and fishing land.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 36 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/27/17 @ 1:01 AM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

The OP clearly stated he or she no longer has access to a creek or stream. Last time I checked there is this item called the Public Trust Doctrine that states all waters in the state belong to everyone. Seeing these accesses cut off is another slap in our faces. 

Tim

1/20/17 @ 11:58 PM
Buster1
User since 9/14/06

Cory2

I don't recall stating in my post that I was a "know it all" at anything. I don't care if the Governor is a fisherman, puts his own worm on a hook, knows how to fly fish, can adjust a bait caster, BLAH BLAH BLAH. My point was that the Governor, again is trying to deceive the sportsmen in this state and is attempting to get us to believe that he is one of us.

1/18/17 @ 12:06 PM
Cory2
User since 7/16/10

You mean the reel upsidedown?  I saw that right away but I don't care if Walker is a fisherman or not.  He is in office to make this State better, or so the people have spoken to that affect, not sell his fishing dedication.  Most politicians put on a front for something or another, right?  Any true "avids" in that "front" can pick out the BS.  That is what makes politics so funny, in many cases, the relative info. is easily IDed as BS.    Why does Walker have to be different?  I think he just needs a better PR person, maybe one of you true know it all fisherman should step up.  Careful, you'll have to be perfect and make everyone happy in every instance.  

1/17/17 @ 8:02 PM
Buster1
User since 9/14/06

Yea rikj, I've seen that picture before of the governor "fishing". I believe he sat in the boat, which was tethered to the pier, had a few pictures taken and left the lake. Nice photo op for the gov, similar to his trap shooting "incident" when he cut his hand a few years back. 

1/1/17 @ 9:45 AM
rikj
rikj
User since 7/29/01

I myself would gladly pay a few extra tax dollars to keep land public than to have it purchased by some private individuals for their use or for investment purposes.........Not trying to be political but this state is going to hell lately with the people in charge not doing what is best for most of us. 

12/31/16 @ 5:46 PM
william75
User since 2/11/10

Isn't great! Conservatives keeping our property taxes down......schmucks

12/31/16 @ 3:32 PM
Roughfish
User since 2/7/05

Sad to say but...Get used to it. There's going to be more public land sales to private owners until we put a stop to it. I've been watching this happen for quite a few years now and no one seems to care unless it affects them directly. Then it's too late.

12/5/16 @ 3:09 PM
velocity
User since 5/12/16

I'm shocked that they would sell any piece of land that has water on it. They usually want to control that.

9/9/16 @ 12:31 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

clickable link

land

"This purchase assures that all future generations can enjoy hunting, fishing, trapping, hiking, skiing, bird-watching, snowmobile trails, portions of the North Country Trail," said DNR Secretary Cathy Stepp. "At the same time, the land remains in private ownership, on the tax rolls and will be managed sustainably for forestry purposes. It's a win-win for everybody that will help maintain the celebrated forested character of the north."

9/8/16 @ 9:20 PM
olswampdog
User since 10/6/04
DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 36 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.