SEARCH
MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Winnebago Perch Limit

9/21/23 @ 5:04 PM
INITIAL POST
fishicot
User since 4/16/18

Sorry if this has been brought up before.  When launching and coming in today I spoke with several people who had limits of perch and indicated that the bite is on meaning they have been fishing multiple days.  Who needs a 100 perch?  Maybe the limit should be dropped to 15 daily instead of 25.

Displaying 16 to 20 of 20 posts
9/23/23 @ 9:14 AM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Perch go in cycles.  Right now Winnebago has had a number of good hatches to make the population numerous. With that said I have no problem with the limit being 15 instead of 25. 25 perch is enough to feed 5 people easily! Heck, I have a family of four and I usually keep 10 for a meal.  What are people doing, eating just fish? Have some mashed potatoes and a large plate of veggies.  It'll fill you up!
9/22/23 @ 9:42 PM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01
Record hatches for how many past years. System is doing fine.
9/22/23 @ 9:41 PM
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01
Interesting today when docking boat 3 boats had a total of 4 perch. For every guy that caught a limit I bet ​50+ didn't. Social media makes it look like their getting pulled ou by the truck load.
Displaying 16 to 20 of 20 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE