Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Width of boat landing parking spaces

6/23/21 @ 11:19 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Fritz
USER SINCE 6/27/01

Boats and the trailers that haul them to the water keep getting wider.  How come the parking lot lines/spaces are not getting wider?

Am I the only one who finds this annoying?

Fritz

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

6/25/21 @ 11:32 AM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER SINCE 2/16/04

It's only annoying when a bigger trailer almost parks you in by not going in straight. I still deal with it, but can't deal with it when there are no spots. People parking cars where trailers are meant to go are worse yet. Those prepping in the launch area  are a more common nuisance at the busy Green Bay launches. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

6/24/21 @ 8:27 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER SINCE 7/20/09

Better to say 'first world problems'.  I don't think boat launches have anything to do with race.

Some newer landings are built for it, but I doubt many are going to go back and update because some guys bought bigger boats.  They'd probably jack up the launch fee then to cover it and then we'd have a thread on launch fee increases.

6/24/21 @ 7:35 AM
Paranoid Percher
USER SINCE 8/19/18

sounds like a lot of white privilege here!!

6/24/21 @ 7:23 AM
Gtuna
USER SINCE 3/26/04

Rock lake at lake mills just redid a launch. Really did a nice job. Spots are wide with lots of room for in and out.BUTT no restroom? did not make sense  to me.Otherewise wonderfull job and alot of munucipalitys should take a look at what a lunch should be.And add a restroom,or porta pot.

6/23/21 @ 11:42 AM
Edge
USER SINCE 2/28/07

Unfortunately most launches were designed for a single cab truck with a 16' boat. The worst part is trying to back out of them with such limited area. Unfortunately there's no more land available at most launches to expand.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 6 OF 6 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
New CUSTOM Colors! The perfect choice when you want a lure that runs straight and true, even when running fast and deep. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Down Deep Husky Jerk - NEW Custom Colors
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.