MORE
Wisconsin Fishing Discussion

Why is it that there are so few actual fishing reports on Lake link

4/4/21 @ 1:26 AM
INITIAL POST
bottom bouncer
bottom bouncer
User since 9/3/02

I went to Oconto today.  We didn't catch any small fish.  Maybe 15 total but 5 were over 28".  And other boats around us were also catching fish.  One boat landed a 34" brown trout.  Not a single report.  I do plan to post a report on that thread, but let's hear your thoughts on whats the problem with reporting.  

Displaying 41 to 50 of 128 posts
4/27/21 @ 8:50 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

It’s funny that you said that. I was going to say Babe Winkelman, but I thought some people wouldn’t know him.

4/27/21 @ 8:34 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Don't put Larry Smith in the same class as AL Lindner. Not even close. Otherwise I agree with your post.

4/27/21 @ 8:18 AM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
PRO MEMBER User since 2/8/06

There’s a new breed of fisherman out there now. The guys that buy the most expensive equipment they can find and ask “where can I catch trophies”. None of these people want to put in the effort, but expect to be told where and how. I think it’s hilarious when you see a blurred out picture of a guy holding a 12” Bass or something else that can be found anywhere. 

The whole YouTube craze is another thing. The last thing that I want to see is a person’s documented failed trip out on the water. All these people are nothing more than a wannabe Al Linder or Larry Smith. 

4/26/21 @ 10:54 AM
Tealioitis
User since 4/5/13

Kind of like the video posted on the Winnebago fishing reports page. Showcased the specific spot for the world to see. Like that spot doesn’t get crowded enough already. Guy probably doesn’t even fish there much just moves to the next bite he hears of, so what does he care about what his actions result in...sad

4/25/21 @ 9:44 AM
wi river rat
User since 4/2/02

Information mooches.  I would love to post pics but the background would give away where I'm fishing.  I've seen it happen with posted pics.  The arguments got me kicked off LL for two years.  It took four years for the crowds to finally thin out after after that. It did contribute to a decline in fishing.  It has com back since.  That was eight years ago.   I still run into that fisherman and he admitted that he should not have done it.   

I especially love it when guides post pics and give away locations with background.  You Tube vidiots are also contributing to exposing good fishing spots especially if they video outings on lakes in high population areas.  

Good luck this year fellow fisherman.  By the way where are they biting?  LMAO. Rat.

Why is it that there are so few actual fishing reports on Lake link photo by wi river rat
4/24/21 @ 8:36 PM
bobber b down
User since 1/31/04

Agree with a lot of what has been said regarding keeping tight lipped on things . People put the work in and time, have success why post? I have used this resource over the years, monitoring certain bodies of waters I'm familiar with looking to confirm some things before I may head out in that direction. I take great pride in trying to figure things out on my own once there! Fishing for me started with a cane pole and a can of worms(sometimes dug up from a compost pile) , first boat was wooden and had two oars. Times change , locators , underwater cameras,  apps , chips, trolling, social media, etc. . Bottom line, get out get a line in the water and Relax. enjoy the challenges of fishing and all it has to offer. LL, has been a great resource to stay connected, generalized fish reports are helpful, as long as we remain sportsman about things and respect others. Is this still possible?

4/24/21 @ 6:04 PM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01

It’s been like that since 2001:

Groundhog Day,lol!

4/24/21 @ 4:04 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

no offense,  but every time this topic comes up,  and it has a number of times since the beginning of Lake-Link, it's like a remake of a movie,  same replies, different actors....

I'm sure I've posted a reply earlier on this version that's probably almost word for word from various other versions of this topic

..and probably posted a reply like this as well,  lol...

...guessing I was bored back then too... jmo

4/24/21 @ 2:38 PM
toughontrout
User since 12/21/20

There are 4 small lakes that my son & I have fished pretty much every spring for panfish. Nothing huge, but you'll catch a nice mess of fish, and there are no motors allowed! Can you think of a better setting than a nice spring day, rowing around a lake and catching fish? I can't. Again, as it should be, I don't tel lthe name of the lakes because next weekend they would all look like the Fox River in the spring!

4/24/21 @ 8:36 AM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05

I find most of the time the only reason people post good results is to simply brag.  How sad.

Displaying 41 to 50 of 128 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE