Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Why is it that there are so few actual fishing reports on Lake link

4/4/21 @ 1:26 AM
ORIGINAL POST
bottom bouncer
USER SINCE 9/3/02

I went to Oconto today.  We didn't catch any small fish.  Maybe 15 total but 5 were over 28".  And other boats around us were also catching fish.  One boat landed a 34" brown trout.  Not a single report.  I do plan to post a report on that thread, but let's hear your thoughts on whats the problem with reporting.  

DISPLAYING 20 TO 29 OF 119 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

4/29/21 @ 11:10 AM
wanna b outdoors
USER SINCE 7/17/14

Because fishermen believe that finding and catching fish is like knowing the location of a hidden treasure. If I tell you where the fish are, then you'll catch them and there won't be any left for me...  

4/28/21 @ 6:48 PM
Fishrun
USER SINCE 6/8/20

Jumbee, always watched Virgil Ward back in the day . Always got a kick out of the lure in the aquarium. The retrieve was always the same, reel in, let it drop, repeat. The take would usually come on the drop.

4/28/21 @ 6:39 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

Hero’s reports are the best. He’s to the point and hilarious too. William Heim is another guy that gives great reports. These guys have put in the time and don’t mind sharing any information to help others.

The non reports are pointless and are nothing more than self gratification for the person posting. If I’m going to post something it’s going to be to help others, not pat myself on the back.

4/28/21 @ 5:58 PM
bottom bouncer
USER SINCE 9/3/02

Csection..........you are correct.  All one needs to post is

info like Hero posts on Lake Delevan.

1.) Time fished

2.) Depth fished

3.) Presentation used

4.) Baits used and type of rig

5.) Results

Why is this so difficult??  If you are afraid of giving away your location, don't post a pic at the location.  Do it somewhere else. I think numbers 2,3 and 4 would be helpful to most fishermen. C'mon guys, what's so difficult about this??  

4/28/21 @ 5:07 PM
Symmetre
USER SINCE 5/11/20

Seen it too many times when some guy posts a detailed fishing report and the next day there are all kinds of people you've never seen before, racing around a spot that's normally pretty quiet. And all too often they leave all kinds of garbage behind.

No thanks. I work hard to find good spots, I'm not gonna toast them by posting details for the whole world to see.

4/28/21 @ 1:59 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

Toughontrout - It would be like me posting on any lake “I fish for Musky from a boat”.

It’s not a report it’s a statement, thus not deserving of any kind of acknowledgment.

4/28/21 @ 12:10 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER SINCE 2/8/06

Toughontrout-the fact that you and your son like to fish for panfish isn’t a report, it’s a statement. Why would anybody comment on that?

4/28/21 @ 10:42 AM
Csection
USER SINCE 5/3/11

In my opinion there are 2 main reasons for so few fishing reports. 1. Fishermen do not want the news to get out when a bite is good. 2. People are always critical of posts and it’s not worth the drama. 

4/28/21 @ 8:41 AM
Jumbee
USER SINCE 8/20/12

Loved the Virgil Ward theme song!!  Also believe he gave the lure presentation demonstration in an aquarium at the end of every show and may have been the guy that gave water conditions as "Clear to murky to muddy" on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnsoXnOHXDc

4/28/21 @ 3:34 AM
Paranoid Percher
USER SINCE 8/19/18

All this talk about Buck Perry might have to pull the spoon plugs out again!!

DISPLAYING 20 TO 29 OF 119 POSTS
Advertise here
Only Talon has up to 15' of anchoring, letting you pick the perfect hold for any condition. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Minn Kota Talon
The Deadeye Custom Series rods are all custom technique specific walleye jigging rods designed for the tournament walleye angler. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Dead Eye Custom Series Rods
Heading off on a solo adventure? A brief adventure with a pal? The Grizzly 15 is perfect for personal use or for shorter adventures. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRIZZLY COOLERS - Grizzly 15 Personal Cooler
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.